Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Collect Fishing On Stamps?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 130 / Views: 32,409Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 07/07/2013   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have always found the QEII colonials eye catching. Here are a couple more fishing stamps I spotted in my stockbook today:

Dahomey Scott# 143 1961

Costa Rica Scott# C198 1950

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7838 Posts
Posted 07/09/2013   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nethryk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cjd - Thanks!

Here is an image of a stamp depicting a man shore fishing with a throw net, plus an inset portrait of Queen Salote (1900-1965), designed by James Berry, engraved and printed by Bradbury, Wilkinson & Co., Ltd., and issued by Tonga on July 1, 1953, Scott No. 101.

- nethryk

Edited by nethryk - 07/09/2013 09:22 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
172 Posts
Posted 07/11/2013   7:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revicbaxter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is how to fish! I like this, but, sadly, not one of mine...

Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 07/12/2013   09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the sheet, I haven't seen any underwater fishing stamps until now.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 07/12/2013   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some nice Norway from my collection:

Scott #836 Freshwater Fishing

Scott #837 Salmon Fishing

Scott# 838 Ocean Fishing

Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 07/14/2013   10:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple from British Guyana today:

Scott# 211 October 1, 1934

Scott# 256 December 1, 1954

Valued Member
United Kingdom
172 Posts
Posted 07/14/2013   5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revicbaxter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does this count?

Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 07/14/2013   6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion it counts. You have shown an interesting and unique kind of fishing I hadn't considered. Thank you for sharing.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1610 Posts
Posted 07/14/2013   10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can also find otters and bears catching (or having caught) fish on stamps.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 07/15/2013   07:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would bet there are some nice ones involving animals. Thank you!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5880 Posts
Posted 07/15/2013   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two from Panama's "Aquatic Sports" series. The print quality of these stamps is rather poor.

Rod and reel fishing

Spearfishing

APS Member #: 222539 AAPE, Maplewood Stamp Club (MN), Northern Philatelic Society, US Philatelic Classics Society, Auxiliary Markings Club, Canal Zone Study Group, Minnesota Postal History Society
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 07/15/2013   11:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Both are nice action scenes, I became interested in what Mosdossy might mean and found some interesting information:

Imre Mosdóssy (painter)

After high school, he began engineering, but soon switched to 1923 to have the Hungarian Royal Academy of Fine Arts was a student, where in 1927 he earned his high school art teacher diploma. Netherlands , France and Italy study trip.
Became the Metropolitan School of Industrial Arts teacher. Portraits, murals, film and theater advertisements, book illustrations, theatrical scenery created. The zoo won the first prize of poster. International trade fairs, exhibitions world (such as the New York -i) was a decoration of the pavilions. He painted Berzeviczy Albert , the Hungarian Academy of Sciences president Sip#337;cz Eugene , and Budapest Mayor István Friedrich prime minister's portrait.
In 1945 he left Hungary. Republic of Germany , France and Colombia lived. At the end of 1963 in Canada, settling in Ontario.
All the time expressed by diverse and rich artistic activity, but nearly nine hundred stamps designed a number of countries (Colombia, Canada, Haiti , Honduras ) for. In 1979, at the age of seventy-five fire Thomas According spent fourteen hours a day job.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
172 Posts
Posted 07/15/2013   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revicbaxter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A bear fishing!
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 07/15/2013   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BradS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That one made me smile when I saw it. Thank you for sharing. :)
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1610 Posts
Posted 07/16/2013   08:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 130 / Views: 32,409Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05