Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Mail Processing Consolidation Letter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 5,758Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
521 Posts
Posted 04/30/2013   12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Zuzu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wasn't entirely sure which forum would be most appropriate for this, so please let me know if it should be moved (or mods, obviously, feel free to move).

I thought this might be of interest to some of the folks here. As the holder of a Mailer's Postmark Permit, I received this letter last week. The MPPs fall under the Business Mail Entry department.

Apparently, the collection times for bulk mail are changing at our processing plantů I think. It's written in bureaucratese, and even employing my skills as a Word Nerd and paralegal, I can barely figure out what it's supposed to be telling me.

(click for larger, then click that one for even larger)
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
Posted 04/30/2013   1:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tell us about the envelope this came in --- did it have a stamp on it?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
521 Posts
Posted 04/30/2013   1:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zuzu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha! Doubtful, but I can't say for sure. My husband had opened it and tossed the envelope by the time I got home from work. I'm sure his excuse is that it looked official and he figured the USPS was going to refuse to deliver anymore mail to us if I keep getting "weird" stuff. (I participate in mail art swaps, etc.)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 5,758Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.13 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05