Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Horse Drawn Fire Engine

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4570 Posts
Posted 06/24/2013   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bujutsu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is a great topic here.

A nice clear shot of a horse drawn fire engine in Port Huron.

Chimo

Bujutsu

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
528 Posts
Posted 04/18/2016   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ciletaliph to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is a great topic here

Yes it is!

I have this horse drawn hook and
ladder truck from Bellaire, Ohio 1908,
published by K-win & Co, Chicago Ill.

Nice Bellaire, Ohio flag cancel

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
819 Posts
Posted 06/27/2018   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would have thought horse-drawn pump engines would be long gone by the 1910s, so I was surprised to find those other cards when I did a search. Here's one I picked up last weekend.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26437 Posts
Posted 06/27/2018   4:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Australia's representative.
My local Perth, Western Australia, engine.

Valued Member
United States
48 Posts
Posted 06/09/2019   11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add HoosRec to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1911 postmarked postcard view of firefighters and a horse-drawn fire wagon in La Porte, Indiana. The scene was in front of Fire Station No. 1 on Indiana Avenue. The station was constructed in 1907 on the south corner at the intersection of Indiana Avenue and State Street, across Indiana Avenue from the LaPorte County Courthouse. The station is still standing today.

1911 postmarked postcard view of a horse-drawn fire wagon in downtown Seymour, Indiana. The 1907 Sanborn™ fire insurance map set for Seymour identified the city's fire wagon as a combination hose, hook and ladder, and chemical wagon. The department had four full time members and six part time members in addition to three horses. They also had a steam fire engine in reserve.

Edited by HoosRec - 06/09/2019 11:48 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26437 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   05:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like the La Porte engine, had pneumatic tyres.
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice postcards HoosRec!
Valued Member
United States
48 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add HoosRec to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, modernstamps. These are part of a large Indiana History project I have posted at Flickr. The project consists of a few thousand circa 1910 Indiana view postcards that a handful of collectors/friends loaned me to digitize and present online. In the process, I created and posted a few thousand close-ups of the postcards, especially the real photo type postcards. I've also written some detailed descriptions of many of the postcards. I've been working on this project for several years now and still have much work to do.

Tom
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05