Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Album Giveaway - They Are Gone

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 4,492Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
842 Posts
Posted 07/11/2013   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add backroads to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am housecleaning. Over several years of buying box lots and collections I have accumulated a pile of used Albums. There are Scott Albums, Minkus Albums, Single Country Albums which, for the most part, are in reasonably good shape. I haven't had the heart to throw them out or to recycle them for the paper but I have no space. They weigh a ton and would be expensive to ship but I am perfectly willing to give them away to anybody that can use them for the cost of shipping.

Feel free to contact me if you want a list of what I have and see if there is anything you might find useful and what can be arranged.

08/21/2013 - Thank you all for your interest. My backlog is now disposed of.
Send note to Staff
Edited by backroads - 08/21/2013 1:14 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
527 Posts
Posted 07/11/2013   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have an interest, email sent.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
527 Posts
Posted 07/11/2013   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have an interest, email sent.
Valued Member
102 Posts
Posted 07/11/2013   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ausfoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interested :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
521 Posts
Posted 07/11/2013   2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zuzu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely interested! E-mailing now. =)
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
Posted 07/11/2013   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kathey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm so interested!
Email sent.
Kathey
Valued Member
Hong Kong
77 Posts
Posted 07/15/2013   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 168Bagua to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are there still any left?
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
Posted 07/15/2013   11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PaulC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interested. Sending email
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
842 Posts
Posted 07/16/2013   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add backroads to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been an interesting exercise. I still have all the albums and would dearly love to give them away but shipping costs are enough to scare off potential takers. I mean, would you want to fork out nearly $30.00 to have a good used, though not perfect, Scott Volume II Worldwide shipped to you? No? I probably wouldn't either.

I wonder how much potential business Canada Post loses yearly just because shipping small parcels is so terribly expensive? UPS isn't much better, particularly on Cross Border stuff which often gets a significant brokerage fee slapped on. How can, for example, Amazon get away with free shipping? I could go on and on and on but it is a pet peeve of mine that Post Office charges today are set to discourage rather than encourage individuals from using the Postal System whether you are talking letters or parcels. Who sends a 100 Christmas Cards at nearly $0.70 cents each any more? Business discounts must be huge!

Oh well. I tried. By the way, I now live in Okotoks, AB. It's a town just south of Calgary and if there is anybody in southern Alberta or, in fact between Regina, SK, and Victoria, BC, who might use them, contact me and we might be able to arrange free delivery. These cities represent our travel limits and plans for August.
United States
0 Posts
Posted 08/02/2013   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add papernut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Might be best to list albums on eBay, with a "pickup only" option...I have used this for heavier items impossible to ship at a decent price for the value of the overall item, ie: a dining table-chair set.
Valued Member
United States
43 Posts
Posted 08/18/2013   11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bstrent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a question, these are empty used albums right?
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 4,492Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05