Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

A lasting memory of the Stamp Show 2000 - London, UK  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 07/13/2013   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add March to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The STAMP SHOW OF THE MILLENIUM -
I was there and got this " Official Philatelic Passport ".It is a special souvenir of the Stamp Show 2000, Earls Court, London 22-28 May 2000, as well as an introduction to the rich variety of stamps on offer from around the world.

There were 123 visiting Postal Administrations at the Stamp Show 2000 either with their own stand or represented by a philatelic agency. They each had a half page entry in the " philatelic passport" , with a space for a stamp and a special rubber stamp Show cachet.

In my "Passport" I have all 123 countries' stamps and rubber stamps.

Here is a selection :

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2912 Posts
Posted 07/13/2013   1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it. This is what makes collecting fun and gives you something to share with future generations. Thanks for showing ...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 07/13/2013   5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to see.

That must have been a good walk about and viewing pleasure and learning experience also to get all of those that you did.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
858 Posts
Posted 07/14/2013   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spanishmoss to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
March,

What a great souvenir! I've always wondered how these philatelic passports work. Do you have to pay for the stamps at each booth or are they given away as a promotional item?

Thanks!
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 07/14/2013   10:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@ spanishmoss

I paid for the stamp only. The stamp's face value in UK currency.
Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 07/24/2013   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Stamp Show's organizers had a smart idea : a stripe of stamps including your photo. The visitors being able to get it on spot !

Here is an example :

Valued Member
Romania
302 Posts
Posted 08/11/2013   07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add March to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A Souvenir Sheet with the visitor's photos included

Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 08/11/2013   4:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ACK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice souvenir, March!

I sooooo very much wanted to attend the show but, alas, didn't make it.

However, I did go to London 1980, and made up a philatelic cover with all three London 1980 SS on it (datestamped 7 May 1980). The fun part was signing up for free FDC's offered by various Crown Agent colonies.

My lasting memory from that show, though, was that the Queen appeared one day. When she passed by, she was just three feet away from me! Talk about security...
Valued Member
Norway
259 Posts
Posted 10/03/2013   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yobo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I love that passport, it looks very attractive and such a nice memory to have about the stamp show.

Have such philatelic passports been used often on larger stamp shows? It is the first time I have seen anything like this.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05