Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 202
Valued Member
India
190 Posts
Posted 09/15/2019   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scinde_dawk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those penny reds! Thanks, stallzer for those.

I just replaced my used Germany 1900 with MNH.

Those Reichspost stamps are beautiful, very nice additions.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
India
190 Posts
Posted 09/15/2019   3:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scinde_dawk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My latest addition is a stamp from French India. Its an ovpt on an earlier issued stamp on Lord Brahma issued in 1942-43. This is a rare stamp to come across and I'm lucky enough to have added this to my collection. This is with the Blue/Black ovpt on a piece. Though the wait was very long, but now I'm very happy.

Scott no. 156A
Yvert & Tellier 159

Edited by scinde_dawk - 09/15/2019 3:25 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/16/2019   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/17/2019   2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
15 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   1:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So after a roughly 40 year hiatus I picked up my old US Minkus albums again, needing to decide what to do. My mother had started collecting in them, and then turned em over to me at some point in my youth. My father, who'd flown in WW2, had himself been collecting the airmails which were fairly complete, except for zeppelins. We were not well off.

My best friend growing up also collected and he had a mint c18, given him by an uncle who worked in the post office in Los Angeles. I always coveted his c18. It has a certain grace and symmetry, and the unusual elongated shape complimented the zeppelin of course. This lacuna in my family's albums, right in the upper center of a page, always bothered me, but I could not persuade my friend with any combination of trades. My father had balked at the price, and my allowance would not get me there really.

So, a few days ago as I pondered what to do with this old collection, I eventually determined to "just fill in some gaps" and that the first thing I ought to get would be a nice c18.

It felt so good and right to be back in the game. Now I have to practice scanning straight....

Edited by jleb1979 - 09/18/2019 2:01 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing. It is such a beautiful design. They truly do not make them like that anymore.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
116 with a French "Etats-Unis / Cherbourg" transit handstamp.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1148 Posts
Posted 09/23/2019   11:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is an AWESOME collection you are building, rogdcam! Love looking at all of these stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/24/2019   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
208 DULL ROSE

Page: of 202  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05