Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 210
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3717 Posts
Posted 10/10/2019   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1766 Posts
Posted 10/10/2019   8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The pair of 17s more than likely went to the UK.
24c was the rate and its a common enough use. Always nice though.
Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 10/11/2019   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that information, Txstamp.
I had looked (briefly I admit) for the then prevailing rate structure but did not find anything clear, just a table of distances and weights which would admit of many permutations. Can you point me to a good source I might peruse on early rates -- this same sort of question will come to my mind again.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1908 Posts
Posted 10/11/2019   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is United States Letter Rates to Foreign Destinations 1847 to GPU - UPU by Charles Starnes (revised 1989, dark brown red cloth binding). It has rate tables by routing/carrier and year, plus lots of cover photos.
Edited by hy-brasil - 10/11/2019 5:16 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3717 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3717 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the reference, hy-brasil.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5724 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple auction winnings arrived today.

SG 111

This one didn't attract any bids so I got it for $8

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3717 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by rogdcam - 10/12/2019 9:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3717 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3717 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
1538 Posts
Posted 10/15/2019   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you are getting Certifications with all those Washington Franklins, Rogdcam. They sure are gorgeous.

-IBFS
All science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3717 Posts
Posted 10/15/2019   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you IBFS. Yes, everything has a cert (or two or three).

Would you have ever imagined that your thread would still be going strong six years on?!
Pillar Of The Community
1538 Posts
Posted 10/16/2019   07:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Would you have ever imagined that your thread would still be going strong six years on?

Interesting question...I remember my thinking at the time which was that we all loved to see scans of beautiful stamps. And I was hoping that members would share their stamps with other members.

I just didn't realize at the time that so many would so often. So yes, I am a bit surprised.

All I did was start the thing, but the members kept it going. I want to thank all members [some who are no longer with us (R.I.P.)] who ever contributed to this thread because I love seeing all of these stamps, especially from different countries which I ordinarily never would see. I'm especially glad that so many others feel the same way.

-IBFS
All science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3717 Posts
Posted 10/17/2019   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 210 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 26.72 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05