Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 207
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sheetguy2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

498 - PSE CET - 98J
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1309 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now THAT's the rogdcam we all know and love!
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   7:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sheetguy2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

311 - PF CERT - ungraded -- ex-RUPP BROS
(might send for a grade??)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1023 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sheetguy nice Farragut! Unless there are unseen faults, definitely worth a cert. Maybe a 90 or even a 90J on a good day. If my 311 looked this good, I wouldn't be looking for an upgrade. Rupp had a beautiful lightly hinged 311 for sale recently, but, similar to rogdcam's luck with the dark brown 303, someone beat me to it. But every cloud has a silver lining. Missing the Farragut left me with funds for the other 2nd bureaus.
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don, I like the smallest post offices write-up. . .it is difficult to find a focus area that isn't well-tread.
Learn More...
7303 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   8:52 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The areas I have been playing in; these are all areas which you can get into for cheap.

- Highway Post office covers. You can hold in your hand a cover that has only a few known to exist but only pay a few dollars for it.
- US Cut Squares. Fun, interesting, easy to display/mount in stock pages
- Christmas Seals. Colorful, nostalgic
- Tiny covers (covers less than 3.5" long). Fun, very easy to display and mount, some intriguing rate usage and aux. markings
- Miniature Views. These are tiny packs of real photo postcards. Small slices of history, interesting rate usages when mailed
- Tiny post office cover and postcards
Don

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3663 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   11:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don-It is amazing that you were able to find those tiny post office covers given the tiny volume of mail they must have processed. Remarkable.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1149 Posts
Posted 10/22/2019   12:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don, that's just neat. Thanks so much for sharing this and adding it to the stampsmarter database.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1149 Posts
Posted 10/22/2019   12:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Benjamin Franklin processed folded letter sheet, May 18, 1771. Ex-Barwis. Also, shows the split PHILA/DELPHIA two line cancel, as usual, struck across the flap(or tuck, in this case).

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1149 Posts
Posted 10/22/2019   12:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott 230

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1149 Posts
Posted 10/22/2019   12:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott 231

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3663 Posts
Posted 10/22/2019   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott 150, Yellow Brown, Hard White Wove Paper, National Bank Note 1870 Series

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3663 Posts
Posted 10/22/2019   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a refund from Gary Posner this AM with the following note:

Note from Gary Posner, Inc: This refund has been issued due to stamp # 337 being missing from our inventory. We are having computer difficulties with the syncing of our Hipstamp and eBay accounts which is causing us inventory problems, we are working to correct this. Our apologies.

Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
Posted 10/22/2019   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BFRomeos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

(Click to embiggen)

So, strictly speaking, this is not yet a purchase. I hold the 50c specimen on approval, courtesy of the local Philatelic club. The 5c is a reference stamp.

I will return the 50c specimen. Two reasons: (1) it's regummed, as the perf tips look like sugar-glazed donuts; and (2) either the left or right side was reperfed.

Could not have made such conclusions without the stellar insight gathered from all of you elsewhere in this forum; the next round of beer is on me.
Edited by BFRomeos - 10/22/2019 1:55 pm
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
Posted 10/23/2019   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
158e. The 1873 Continental with secret marks and the "e" means it has a grill. The Continentals usually don't have a grill. Does anyone know what grill it is? (The Scott catalog doesn't say.) I presume an H grill.

I am am expanding my collection to include more varieties, both with catalog numbers and without. This is my 1st grilled continental.

Page: of 207 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05