Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 210
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
Posted 12/01/2019   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the upper right is the best—-assuming backs all equivalent
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2116 Posts
Posted 12/01/2019   9:49 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rg, The stamp that I posted is definitely a 46L12. The PF has certified something like 5 or 6 Type III, 46L12's. I am pretty sure my stamp, which is a very late impression, would get certed as a Type III.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
854 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Winston,

I assume Neinken was wrong then in his assessment of position 46L12. Should I update my book that it is swing position IIIa/III depending on wear of upper outer line in later impressions. Or is the position now always considered by experts a type III (scott 21)? I had no idea that plate 12 even had a type III position (46L12) at all. Thanks for bringing this up and showing this rare stamp.

A similar scenario (sister) position would be 100R1E type IIIa (imperf version!) as it generally has nice break in bottom line, but for this stamp Neinken points out that there may be rare late impressions with worn out top line making it a type III, although not sure if one has ever been certified.

interesting stuff. I guess more to look out for when looking for a needle in a haystack.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5729 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another impulse buy from an eBay auction with no bids. I'm currently working on the British commonwealth KGVI sets and KUT is one set I'm missing. So I placed a bid for £2 and won it for £1.83, shipping & VAT was £2.27. So I got 2 marginal blocks of 15, all unmounted mint of SG 183 which cat for £4.75 each X 30 = £142.50 of catalog value for under £5.

Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not Purchased, but gifted - and I mean gifted! It will take a lifetime for me to go through all of the stamps - but I am so excited to do it, and also to work on them with my boys. Here are some of the unheard of amount of Mexican stamps. Looking for any sites that might help me with these. Oh I am a newbie. Thanks.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2493 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   9:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found my "needle in the haystack". I've had the Recut Bust position off cover since I first started collecting the 3cent stamp. Was hoping to someday find one on cover. Happy!!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1774 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stampcrow: well done! Congrats.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1774 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rgstamp - 46L12 is a IIIA-III swing position.

More have been found since the Neinken book. Three alone, have been found and announced in the past couple years via this forum.

There are some weird looking stamps in general, on Plate 12, such as 46L.

Siegel Sale 1006, Lots 1514 - 1522 (46-56L12), and then also 1523 - 1525, illustrates some of the strange stamps one can encounter on Plate 12. That is in addition to quite a few double transfers and such.
https://siegelauctions.com/sales.php?sale_no=1006
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5729 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I'm one of the QV initial collectors and I can't pass up one with a decent MX cancel.

Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 12/09/2019   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still plugging away at the Pan-Pacs; this is the perf 10 403. I did not have a placeholder for any of the perf 10s, so I compare this one to the old used 399 I have. This one is quite fresh in appearance such that the sunset through the pre-bridge Golden Gate is luminous. No such effect with my cancelled 399.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
559 Posts
Posted 12/09/2019   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott #423

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1155 Posts
Posted 12/10/2019   12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam, I miss the postings of your newly acquired items. I hope you will continue to provide them in this thread!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1026 Posts
Posted 12/10/2019   01:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Q12 … only one more parcel post (JQ3) to go!
Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 12/10/2019   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I too hope Rogdcam will soon post another of his inspiring gems....

Here is a Scott 533 pair, among the imperforate offsets of 1919-20, now hitting one hundred years old. This pair came with an old (1979) APS cert and I then had a good time with my loupe going over it closely, covering the bases to my satisfaction. My personal inspection was made pleasant by the well organized Washington Franklin identifier section of Stamp Smarter. It is a real help, clearer to me than Scott Specialized. Thanks giving to Don!

- Jonathan
[edited to add "pair" for clarity]
Edited by jleb1979 - 12/10/2019 4:42 pm
Page: of 210 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05