Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 222
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
443 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hilarious. I need to remember that myself! ha :)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3888 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sc 210 unused
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MH-OG-SC-2...AOSwfiRd5wxb

Your stamp has pulled perfs and is smudged and quite possibly used.

Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/27/2020 7:13 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
601 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Scott #217
Valued Member
Learn More...
204 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
189 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The completion of my bcof collection. Has been very easy to find these items on line. just not the rest of them in my messy collection ha!

and this fuzzy blue one:

Valued Member
United States
16 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dgwhite87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Japan 288a
1939 National Parks Souvenir sheet
OG NH
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
158 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Andyrich - is that a 190 on the soft off-white paper? Quite a nice looking stamp and that scan reveals nice details of the engraving.

Me,
I was seeing red end of last week and indulged in some upgrades to old placeholders.

a 324,

and a 398. I find myself increasingly pleased with the Pan-Pacs as a group. A lot of atmosphere packed into compact stamps. On this example I think there was some trouble properly inking and wiping the plate, although it is fairly well centered.

- Jonathan
Edited by jleb1979 - 01/27/2020 8:59 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
443 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
189 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a pretty little stamp Mrita!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
443 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Lostandfound. I am excited about it.
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I acquired this first flight cover commemorating the inaugural flight from Cardiff to Glasgow (the ad mistakenly said "Carlisle" to Glasgow). Railway Air Services, Ltd. was an early airmail service started by four railways and an airline,and began service in early 1934. They ran the operation, except during WWII, until 1947 when British European Airlines took over. This cover has a nice Art Deco cachet, and I bought it specifically for my Art Deco collection. The airplanes that RAS, Ltd. used, at least in the beginning were De Havilland DH86 Expresses, and DH 89 Dragon Rapides, which themselves were very much in an Art Deco style
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28441 Posts
Posted 01/28/2020   01:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, I had not heard of RAS prior.
I have the GWR Air Labels.

We lived opposite The Westlands Aerodrome, in Somerset, and had to move as our house was bombed in WWll
(I had not come along at that time)
Valued Member
21 Posts
Posted 01/28/2020   01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
South Viet Nam Scott #21

The last crown prince of Viet Nam
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
Posted 01/28/2020   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod222, thanks for the reply to my recent post. An earlier addition to my Art Deco collection was a Cinderella advertising the British Empire Trade Exhibition held in Buenos Aires in 1931, and, unfortunately, since my scanner isn't working at the moment I can't show it here, but in the write-up on the page on which I display the stamp, I point out one of those interesting little twists of fate: that one of the exhibitors in this expo, which was meant to foster trade between Great Britain and Argentina, was Westland Aircraft, and in one of the great ironies of history, 51 years later, in April 1982, Westland Sea King helicopters were used to repel Argentine forces that had invaded the Falkland Islands.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28441 Posts
Posted 01/29/2020   02:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wadds, I still am a little confused,
I have known the service as GWR Great Western Rail Air Service,
however you cover proves otherwise, but I think we are taliking about the same thing.
Esp.as I see the service also stopped at Torquay.
There could have not been 2 services for that.

My father was a tool and die maker at Westlands.

Page: of 222 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05