Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 225
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
220 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Out with the old, in with the new.
At left is my old boyhood Sc.279 which I may well have soaked off a postcard decades ago, and a purchase I finally got round to making.
I thought the juxtaposition might be useful.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
34 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France Scott C16-17 MNH

Will probably get a better centered C16 soon... It's bugging me already.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   10:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes it the little victories that bring so much joy. I remember the day I bought this stamp. Yeah maybe not that expensive but to me at the time it was priceless.

[
img]
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   01:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
mkfarm, I completely agree, and yes my novice discoveries are priceless to me.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5805 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Couple of auction wins from last week.

This 5/- Sydney harbor bridge CTO fills a nice gap.

The 6d Kookaburra BCOF with stop after Japan

And filling some Canadian gaps

One step closer to finishing the Quebec tercentenary issue

And the 1935 KGV Pictorial issue 50 Parliament, Victoria B.C.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful stamps Stallzer.
Valued Member
34 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   12:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... stallzer might have tempted me with 2 more nations to collect on :) They are gorgeous...
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   09:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, they are beautiful, thanks for sharing. Australia & Canada stamps are indeed beautiful. Tempted me too.
Valued Member
India
208 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scinde_dawk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed they are so beautiful, Stallzer. I never concentrated on the stamps from Canada, you've given another country to indulge in. Now I'm gonna blame you for this.
The Australians too are very striking, I too have a few of them, shall share some of them tomorrow.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2380 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you're easily tempted maybe you shouldn't click this link to stallzer's thread on Commonwealth KGVI Era And Pictorial Sets. Amazing!

http://goscf.com/t/57878
Valued Member
34 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France Scott # 300, 300a & 300c MNH
Edited by loverarestamps - 02/22/2020 4:58 pm
Valued Member
34 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France Scott B27 & B27a MNH
Edited by loverarestamps - 02/22/2020 5:42 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
loverarestamps - those are wonderful :)
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just purchased this today from an eBay auction, got it for $2.50 plus shipping which seems reasonable compared to others on eBay. I've gone about as far as I can go with my GB collection, without re-mortgaging the house, so am starting to collect GB postal stationery. I have about 50 so far and there are probably a couple of thousand so I have a way to go, and most seem to be pretty inexpensive, I found a few in the $1 box at stamp shows. Anyway this one, issued in 1890 for the 50th anniversary of the Uniform Penny Postage, seems to be the first British postal item that not only commemorates a specific event, but even SAYS so. It's a two-part souvenir item, with the outer envelope with pre-printed stamp and the inner card with a picture of Sir Rowland Hill on which, presumably you would write your message. I think it's kinda neat.

Incidentally, stallzer's post of the 50 cent Canada stamps showing the BC Parliament building reminded me of a very pleasant trip my wife and I took about 7 years ago to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We stayed at the Fairmont Empress hotel, which is located at just about the point from which this image was taken, and we took stroll over to see these buildings up close, about a two minute walk.
Edited by waddsbadds - 02/22/2020 10:04 pm
Page: of 225 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05