Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 226
Valued Member
100 Posts
Posted 02/23/2020   04:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

British Occupied Italian Colonies - Tripolitania (now in Libya) SG T27-34. I got these at a post bid auction.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 02/23/2020   10:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
MNH France collection, a work in progress...

Edited by loverarestamps - 02/23/2020 11:06 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1191 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada Semi Officials for my airlines related collection:

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4214 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampfan9 - I have always loved those Semi-Official Airs. They evoke an exciting era in air travel and are simple yet beautiful. I have been tempted for many years to collect them in earnest and seeing yours gives me a push. Thank you.
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 02/25/2020   03:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got this in the mail today
France Scott 329 MNH
Edited by loverarestamps - 02/25/2020 03:34 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28852 Posts
Posted 02/25/2020   04:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely stuff. Nice clovers in the corners.
Rough price for this item?
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 02/25/2020   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lovely stuff. Nice clovers in the corners.
Rough price for this item?

$139 shipped...
Valued Member
India
208 Posts
Posted 02/25/2020   2:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scinde_dawk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got this in the mail today
France Scott 329 MNH

Well I'm speechless and...
Lovely to see this beauty. Thanks for sharing.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28852 Posts
Posted 02/25/2020   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
$139 shipped...

Thanks for revealing the price. A Bargain! well done you.

Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 02/25/2020   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks for revealing the price. A Bargain! well done you.

Thank you for the kind words!

Have to keep this going here, until I run out of resources...

France Scott 254a MNH
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
Posted 02/26/2020   12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, loverarestamps, beautiful copy of the France 254A, the selvage is as big as the stamp itself. And here's an interesting fact relating to the stamp. The Pont du Gard, an ancient aqueduct dating back to Roman times is near the town of Nimes, which has lent its name to one of the most popular fabrics in the world today. Originally a woollen twill, but now made of cotton, the name of the material, "serge de Nimes" was shortened to denim. Here's my latest acquisition for my GB collection Lately I've started buying the occasional cover from the Queen Victoria era. This one, franked with Scott 114 was addressed to Count Bentinck, who, I learned is a member of a very old aristocratic family that dates back to the 14th century, originally from the Netherlands, but with branches in Germany (this one was sent to Gaildorf, in Wurttemberg) and the UK. In addition to counts, some members of the family carry the title of Earl of Portland. They are related to the late Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. I didn't start out deliberately collecting covers addressed to members of the aristocracy, but somehow I've acquired several, including one to a Belgian countess, one to the Earl of Lauderdale (I bought that one, my oldest British cover, dated 1771, because it has a Bishop's mark, the forerunner of the postmark) and one, a hand written letter from Prince Albert Edward, before he became King Edward VII, to Lord Rendlesham.
Edited by waddsbadds - 02/26/2020 12:50 am
Valued Member
37 Posts
Posted 02/26/2020   01:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you waddsbadds, very interesting background regarding your collection!

South Viet Nam Scott 1-19 MNH

Edited by loverarestamps - 02/26/2020 01:21 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
231 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   2:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the right below is a US Sc. 530 I just purchased. I thought I would juxtapose it with a 529 I have. Both are offset printing, the distinguishing separation of the P and O in "POSTAGE" for 529 vs. the 530 where the P and O merge looks as though it will show up in the optimized images, although other indicators may not. For more see
http://www.stampsmarter.com/1847usa...pesMain.html

- Jonathan
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BreefmackUSA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just picked this U.S. #113 from my favorite on-line stamp store.

The APS Certificate pegs it as genuine and used. (It has no gum.) They say "Left perfs do not align on the 12-66 Kiusalas guage, suggesting reperforated at left."

So oh well - It was just too pretty not to buy for $15!

Al
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
231 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That seems a curious phrasing "perfs do not align on the .. gauge." Maybe I am just dull this afternoon and not apprehending, but is it now a slightly different perf on the left than the right?

Or is the issue the size of perf (two perfs in the middle on left look slightly smaller to me)?

Edited by jleb1979 - 02/27/2020 4:28 pm
Page: of 226 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05