Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 225
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BreefmackUSA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm no expert on the subject jleb, but I think they may be referring to the actual diameter of the perforation holes (they do look a bit smallish). It seems to be perf-12 (spacing between holes), but done with smaller pins.

...anyhow, I couldn't pass it up for that price!

Al
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
34 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...anyhow, I couldn't pass it up for that price!

A very pretty stamp... You did well.

I tend to fall for nice stamps very easily :)
Edited by loverarestamps - 02/27/2020 6:36 pm
Learn More...
7844 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   07:46 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This stamp image was sent to me and the person asked if I would post it here and ask for feedback. It was purchased as a #112.

Don
Pillar Of The Community
746 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't post my latest, 'cuz then somebody'd know it was me who sniped that beauty from under their nose on eBay.
Valued Member
Ecuador
20 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add anglobob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Zak....what a great post !!
Hope you like your new item.Hope someone snipes you next time...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2380 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bob,
if the item was at auction, regardless of the venue, the underbidder should have bid the maximum they wanted to spend on the item. If they did, no one was sniped. Sak knew he wanted the item and bid according.
Edited by littleriverphil - 02/28/2020 7:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That seems a curious phrasing "perfs do not align on the .. gauge." Maybe I am just dull this afternoon and not apprehending, but is it now a slightly different perf on the left than the right?

Or is the issue the size of perf (two perfs in the middle on left look slightly smaller to me)?

The most common way of describing the gauging for perfs is to say they are perf 12, or perf 11-1/2, or perf 11, etc, which means that there are 12 (or 11-1/2, or 11, etc) perfs over a 2 centimeter length.

The Kiusalas gauge measures more accurately - a stamp that gauges 12-66 on the Kiusalas means that it has 12 perfs per 2 cm, and that there is 0.066" between perf holes - not all perf 12's are the same. Oftentimes, re-perfers will 'doctor' a stamp to perf 12, being unaware that it has been documented that genuinely perforated stamps of that issue should be PRECISELY 12-66, but they did something slightly different. Now, all you need to do is know what the proper gauging is for the stamp that you are measuring on the Kiusalas gauge.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5809 Posts
Posted 02/29/2020   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love the design on the post rider & horse. Some may not know but it was the first U.S. stamp issued with an image other than a prominent American.

Just arrived. Australian 10/- Navigator marginal block of 4 never hinged.

Valued Member
34 Posts
Posted 03/01/2020   01:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just arrived. Australian 10/- Navigator marginal block of 4 never hinged.

Quite a showpiece! I love it!
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
Posted 03/01/2020   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sheetguy2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DON - On the #112.....
From a photo...(to me)...I think looks good....I looked at some
other #112s I have here and there is large enough space between stamps to have such large margins....it looks like you can barely see the stamp above on the perf tips....I vote GOOD!!
Pillar Of The Community
1541 Posts
Posted 03/01/2020   2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it just me, or or other's who are subscribed to this topic getting email repeats of posts you have already seen, and when you click on the post, you wind up on another post?

-IBFS
All science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford
Valued Member
34 Posts
Posted 03/01/2020   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add loverarestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it just me, or or other's who are subscribed to this topic getting email repeats of posts you have already seen, and when you click on the post, you wind up on another post?

Nothing like that for me....
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 03/06/2020   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all
Semi Official Airs from U.K. and Canada:

Robert
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
221 Posts
Posted 03/06/2020   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampfan9 -
Wow. I love those semi-official airs.

I will not let myself be distracted by them -- not too much at least -- but as Rogdcam earlier noted, they do evoke quite clearly an era of enthusiasm, possibilities, and exploration. Seat of the pants as they said, and not endless bureaucracy with focus groups and multiple legal reviews and tightly controlled messaging.... I'm projecting, I know.

For those of us who know nothing about these, is there a reference work or overview you might recommend by way of a survey?

- Jonathan
Edited by jleb1979 - 03/06/2020 2:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 03/06/2020   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jleb1979, I agree with you and Rogdcam. Philatelically, I know nothing about the stamps.
Robert
Edited by stampfan9 - 03/06/2020 3:27 pm
Page: of 225 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05