Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Most Recently Purchased Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,430 / Views: 461,760Next Topic
Page: of 229
Pillar Of The Community
1542 Posts
Posted 05/05/2020   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampfan-

Magnificent set of Kans. Nebr. overprints. You might check for fakes, they are very rare (and may be worth something???). Probably not. As you may know, you tell by the precise length of the Kans. and Nebr. abbreviations. But I forget the measurements. Height doesn't really matter, it's more a sign of whether to check it or not. I actually wouldn't mind having one just for show and tell.

A great set to collect, and one of my favorites. Congrats!.

(Put an eyepatch over Grants right eye and nobody will know the difference.)

-IBFS
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
All science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
334 Posts
Posted 05/10/2020   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Continuing to work slowly on Washington & Franklins.
Here is a Sc. 471 from 1916, perf 10, unwatermarked. It was not on my most immediate want list, but when I ran into this example my head was turned.

Certainly upped the ante for that album page.
This is the vendor scan as my scanner cannot well-replicate the beautiful salmon red color. This scan is close.

Edited by jleb1979 - 05/10/2020 3:17 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1151 Posts
Posted 05/10/2020   4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jleb color me envious. That 471 is a gorgeous stamp.
John
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
334 Posts
Posted 05/19/2020   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

My 1926-28 rotaries (US Sc. 631-642) were a long time in completing as I started with two in the series several decades ago. For the longest time there was a hole in the middle of the page, but I filled that today with the 634A below.

The 634 (type I) at left I've had for a while. It's just there for the various points of comparison to the type II 634A on the right: primarily the three heavier cuts in the hair and the finer detail on the bottom corner squares and circles. Perf. 11 x 10 1/2.

Stampsmarter lays out the comparisons nicely.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3521 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I picked this up awhile ago, but just now getting around to filing items. These say, "This Souvenir Sheet has Postal Validity" at the bottom. Congratulations for a Royal Baby. Each is numbered on the back.
Valued Member
Canada
222 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   02:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add luvthecommonwealth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Won these at auction on Saturday.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
547 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Sudan and US Scott 471
Pillar Of The Community
United States
926 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My 1926-28 rotaries (US Sc. 631-642) were a long time in completing as I started with two in the series several decades ago. For the longest time there was a hole in the middle of the page, but I filled that today with the 634A below.

Congratulations! I have a used 634A with less than ideal (but not horrible) centering as a space filler, but I don't expect to replace it with a nicely centered MNH copy anytime soon. If ever.
Edited by erilaz - 06/01/2020 10:43 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5942 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One step closer to completing the Canadian 1908 Quebec set

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2233 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   9:18 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
parttime - I have some similar ones (7p Silver Jubilee) that say valid for postage, yet I don't see them in Scott or Gibbons
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3521 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Who knows why they aren't listed, but fun to have anyway
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5942 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just got this beauty in the mail. Falkland 1938 KGVI top value. Last piece to complete the set is somewhere between the US and Australia

Pillar Of The Community
United States
613 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Scott #184. Not perfectly centered, but you have to love those margins.
Valued Member
United States
14 Posts
Posted 06/06/2020   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scribe3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set of stamps posted this week. I especially like the Falkland Islands stamp and the Washington 3 cent.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5942 Posts
Posted 06/06/2020   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was able to fill a couple gaps in my Southern Rhodesia Admirals

Page: of 229 Previous TopicReplies: 3,430 / Views: 461,760Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05