Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible To Repair A Wrinkled/Ridged Cover?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 04/27/2019   08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trabz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello

I recently purchased this cover, any idea on how to restore this cover?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1016 Posts
Posted 04/27/2019   1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is so much damage to the paper that I can think of no way to "repair" it, especially since the handwriting is in the damaged area. Also, it appears that there may be some damage to the stamp in the upper right and perhaps some of the perforations?
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 04/28/2019   05:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trabz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kimo:

Ya thats why I am afraid to brush it with water then press it because the handwriting is on the damaged area.

The stamp is not damaged thankfully.

Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
Posted 05/20/2019   01:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With all respect to these interesting posts. Sometimes a cover that is not an official first day cover has interest and value, if only personal. I have kept a few envelopes that come my way, not but a few. I have rules, all handprint or hand writing, and a good clear postmark and something interesting about it. They matter to me.
Women's sports do not get the same coverage and ballyhoo, esp. not back then and not now. I want to look up this woman aviator. Maybe she did the best she could to memorialize the event.
I see that these are somewhat older posts but; I am so glad that I found them. Thank you.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05