Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Republic Of Ireland One Pound.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1251 Posts
Posted 11/09/2013   06:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Horamkhet to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
[/URL]

Hi to all

Often people give me stamps, and on this pair of stamps from Ireland, the bottom one seems to have a variety of some of the colour slightly missing. Is this common for this stamp.

I have examined it under a UV light and it shows no evidence of tampering.
Regards
Horamakhet
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
213 Posts
Posted 11/09/2013   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add petrucellij to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it possible to scan the stamp with out the mount or card and re post it the forum ?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1251 Posts
Posted 11/09/2013   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
[/URL]
[/URL]

Hi petrucelliii
Have done another scan with just black backing, and one with no backing at all.
Regards
Horamakhet
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3118 Posts
Posted 11/09/2013   11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any color differences, but I do see some odd non-parallel diagonal lines that appear to section off a different cancel on the right side of the stamp. It is almost as if the stamps were covered with clear plastic tape and used a second time. Or a different stamp covered the bottom one partially, absorbing most of the second cancel? Different.
Valued Member
213 Posts
Posted 11/10/2013   12:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add petrucellij to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Compare the two; bottom there is yellow missing from the bottom corner on the left side of the stamp . I think what caused that could is described in the prior post above . Not sure,
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1251 Posts
Posted 11/13/2013   05:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Horamkhet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi to all

I soaked them off the paper, and there was not tape on them. Generally tape is very hard to remove, and I have examined them under uv light and there is no tampering. The colour is definitely missing.
Horamakhet
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05