Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

France 1024B, Gallic Cock, Where's My Claw

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3213 Posts
Posted 11/09/2013   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Partime to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Saw this during fly specking. The right one seems to be missing a only one claw. Someone was clipped a little close. Interesting.

Normal Claw

Short Claw

Send note to Staff

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/10/2013   02:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool.

It kind of looks like the curved claw has been wiped out but it could also be missing ink kind of thing in the printing.

Now I have to search for some here.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3213 Posts
Posted 11/10/2013   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Puzzler,

I thought it may have been scuffed, but couldn't see any paper damage. Thanks for checking ... I'll keep looking as these stamps seem pretty popular and keep popping up in various kiloware collections.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/10/2013   2:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a quick look and mine must still be all in many kiloware packages I have from over the years. None in the off paper France so far anyway. I will keep an eye out for any. The hunt is on.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05