Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Charity

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 3,903Next Topic  
Valued Member

26 Posts
Posted 11/17/2013   11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add huntersouthstamp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Would you pay more for stamps from a charity? If you could get a receipt.
Would you give your stamps to charity? If the answer to the question would you pay more. Then charity might be a way to go. I have applied to work at Oxfam. Recycling used postage stamps. Given I just saw a SCV 100k sell for 9k it was VF with PF cert. And if you watched any of Firby auctions you will see items going to charity. I dunno I think its a good idea. I am giving about 10k SCV Canada, US to charity. Hopefully I will get a good price. Spink has awesome prices but I don't think I will include pre 1940 XFNH. Anyhow just wondering.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
788 Posts
Posted 02/01/2014   12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As far as paying more for a stamp if bought from a charity, there would be no advantage. You cannot deduct the actual value for the stamp, only possible the amount to paid over its value. As far as giving stamps to a charity it is a good thing. The USPS issuses a yearly stamp catalog listing values of mint and used US stamps and that could be used to help figuring the value of the donation. (Check with your accountant)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 3,903Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05