Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Limited Edition Israel Joint Holocaust Issue From Capex 96?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

187 Posts
Posted 01/19/2014   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add JR1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked some of these up at Capex 96, sequentially numbered limited edition souvenir cards featuring what I understood at the time to be jointly issues for the holocaust commemoration.

However I can't seem to find any history or acknowledgement on the web that such items exist anywhere else. Has anyone else seen these before?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4576 Posts
Posted 01/19/2014   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I also attended CAPEX '96. While I was aware of the three special S/S created for the event, I was not aware of the items you have scanned.

Interesting material alright

Chimo

Bujutsu
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
187 Posts
Posted 01/19/2014   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JR1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wondered if perhaps it was a dealer creation, but those appear to be official uses of the Capex logos plus Canada Post and Israeli Philatelic Service. I would find it hard to believe they weren't legit after being sold out in the open for a week.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1270 Posts
Posted 01/19/2014   5:48 pm  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whether they were issued by Canada / Israel philatelic agencies or not is unknown - but would have most certainly have been approved by them. My guess is they were a CAPEX item, endorsed as I suggested.
Valued Member
187 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JR1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi folks, I'm back after several years...wondering if anyone new has any info on these? I see someone listing one on eBay for $111 CAD (no buyers, or any sold listings showing), but this is the first time I've ever seen one other than in my collection.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05