Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Edit Time Limits

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 3,823Next Topic  
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1790 Posts
Posted 02/05/2014   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Since we recently had a member try to take his posts and go home we now have a 24 hour time limit on editing posts.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
882 Posts
Posted 02/05/2014   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philatarium to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That seems like a very reasonable amount of time. Thanks!

-- Dave
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
-- Japan, Korea, Trucial States, Swiss booklets & more on HipStamp: https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-philatarium

long-term member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others
Rest in Peace
Australia
631 Posts
Posted 02/06/2014   03:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously missed the discussion about imposing time limits on "edits"

I think 24 hours is too short IMHO - 7 days would be a more reasonable time frame
Edited by huckles888 - 02/06/2014 03:20 am
Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 02/06/2014   04:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh man that a bummer now I can't go back and fix my older posts & images. How many times has that happened that a member removes all their posts? That's the first time I ever seen that myself I believe? Oh well.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4610 Posts
Posted 02/06/2014   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In all fairness, wouldn't two or three days be better? Just a thought.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5919 Posts
Posted 02/06/2014   10:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If it would just be a super-simple change, I'd vote for a little longer, too. 3 days, 7 days?

If it was kind of a hassle to create, then so be it.

Overall, I think it is worth having it.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5127 Posts
Posted 02/06/2014   1:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I for one am totally in agreement with time limits on editing
and was one (yes there were others) who asked Bobby if
it was possible to implement them after that guy
deleted all his posts and wrecked a whole bunch of
threads.

24 hours is long enough to correct any typos or grammatical
errors or image changes any one might want to make.

Why would you go back one month, 6 months, a year
to change something you have posted?

Were not writing novels here.

Use the preview feature to see if any typos crept in or to check
if an image is showing properly or if a link works, etc.

I just can't see what the problem is with a 24 hour limit.
I believe there is at least one site where you have one hour
and that's it.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6395 Posts
Posted 02/09/2014   05:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The fact that the Moderator even has to implement something like this is sad.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
788 Posts
Posted 02/09/2014   07:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
24-48 hours is very fair.
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 02/10/2014   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I sometimes edit my older posts with links to new posts to connect the posts with the same contents.
So I not agree with limits.

see thread-posts: http://goscf.com/t/14223&whichpage=4#299092
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1790 Posts
Posted 02/10/2014   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry folks, 24 hours is plenty. As mentioned earlier, a ton of forums are 1 hour. I personally belong to two forums that are 15 minutes.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 3,823Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05