Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nice Rpo Cancel.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1123 Posts
Posted 02/17/2014   08:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampfan9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I cannot find an internet reference for this railroad. Any help for identifying years of operation would be appreciated.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 02/17/2014   11:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't help with the complete years of operation, but the postmark is Ashland, Abbotsford and Milwaukee RPO. The line was first known by that name, effective May 26, 1907, as referenced by this announcement contained in the Postal Bulletin for that year:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by wt1 - 02/17/2014 12:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1123 Posts
Posted 02/17/2014   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wt1, I thank you.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1123 Posts
Posted 05/03/2014   09:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another RPO cancelation.

Edited by stampfan9 - 05/03/2014 09:12 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1098 Posts
Posted 05/03/2014   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stampfan9: All I can find is 1908 and 1915 cancels. Do not have the complete years of operation.
The route was 345 miles in length, and was operated by the Wisconsin Central Ry.

The other item: New York & Chicago WD RPO cancel is from the New York Central and ran from New York & Chicago. Don't know where Wisconsin fit in on that route, but will leave that to the geographers. The route operated from 1878 through 1967.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1123 Posts
Posted 05/03/2014   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PoStat4evR, I goofed. Wisconsin came from my non-caffeinated brain. Thanks for the additional information.
Edited by stampfan9 - 05/03/2014 3:46 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05