Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Interest In World Postal Stationery?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,005 / Views: 119,198Next Topic
Page: of 67
Pillar Of The Community
United States
938 Posts
Posted 04/20/2020   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
(British) Virgin Islands, 1880
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
938 Posts
Posted 05/05/2020   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anjouan, 1892
Pillar Of The Community
2172 Posts
Posted 05/09/2020   05:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dervent (now Derventa on the Serbian Republic of Bosnia)

Edited by Cursus - 05/09/2020 05:27 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
938 Posts
Posted 05/14/2020   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Queensland, 1889
Pillar Of The Community
United States
938 Posts
Posted 05/20/2020   12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gold Coast, 1880
Edited by erilaz - 05/20/2020 12:21 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
977 Posts
Posted 06/08/2020   02:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I could use a little help. These two designs appear on Chile postal cards, most likely pre-1900. Can anyone identify them -- and hopefully post pictures of the cards?

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4970 Posts
Posted 06/08/2020   02:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
977 Posts
Posted 06/08/2020   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great! Thanks Geoff, now we know what they are. Can anyone provide scans of the Chile postal cards that they appear on?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1112 Posts
Posted 06/09/2020   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Greg,

They actually came out in post 1900, the year 1922 to be exact. I will scan them this evening and try to get them on before bed time.

There are a few more building designs of this type (6 or 7 to be a little more accurate). If interested I can scan some of those (don't think I have them all, but maybe....) and post them as well.

I will go get some food for me and the dogs, and come back and scan the items you showed.

postat4evr

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1112 Posts
Posted 06/09/2020   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chile # 34. Issued 1911

Chile #35. Issued 1911

If interested I can down load a few of the other ones ion the group
some earlier, some later than the issue date above. Enjoy.

postat4evr
Pillar Of The Community
United States
977 Posts
Posted 06/12/2020   03:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are terrific -- many thanks for posting those! So I'll let you in on the rest of the story. Right now the American Bank Note printing plates for these two vignettes are on eBay. The postcards we're printed lithographically, but the vignettes were first engraved. I think they have priced these a bit too hopefully, but I guess you could make a offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/American-B...203006674777

https://www.ebay.com/itm/American-B...5?nav=SEARCH
Pillar Of The Community
United States
977 Posts
Posted 06/17/2020   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PoStat4evR, it would be interesting to see the other buildings in this postal card series, when you have a chance to share them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1112 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ok, here are the remainders of the building issues (that I have - still need a couple however);

#27 ISSUED 1905

# 28 ISSUED 1905

# 30 ISSUED 1909

If and when I ever get the other one or two, will post them. Enjoy!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
938 Posts
Posted 06/22/2020   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Netherlands Indies under Japanese occupation, 1943

An interesting feature of this issue is that the indicium has the same design and style of lettering as on the pre-war postal cards, but with "NED. INDIE" changed to "DAI NIPPON" (Great Japan). The Malay inscriptions remain from the pre-war design, but the Dutch has been replaced with Japanese.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1112 Posts
Posted 07/05/2020   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple of "River Postal Service" early Columbia Envelopes.

Both issued between 1890 and 1189. Both mint from a series of around 14 different colors/values/envelope differences. (No I do not have all of them). Enjoy....

5 cent is B-3

10 cent is B-6

Page: of 67 Previous TopicReplies: 1,005 / Views: 119,198Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05