Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Belgian Railway Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13
Valued Member
United Kingdom
110 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   03:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For my experience still seems a scarce cancel, dashed if I could find another on the internet, again, I wonder why we don't see more of these.
Perhaps "freight only" reduces examples, maybe the cards were thrown away after use.

I wonder if it is because of the nature of the traffic. Maybe more freight and parcels went to Terneuzen than from it on the Belgian parcel system. In which case there would be lots of receiving stamps which go elsewhere on the dockets, it's only the despatch stamps that go on the stamps themselves
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26433 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   04:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder if it is because of the nature of the traffic. Maybe more freight and parcels went to Terneuzen than from it on the Belgian parcel system. In which case there would be lots of receiving stamps which go elsewhere on the dockets, it's only the despatch stamps that go on the stamps themselves

Nice one Crispin, utterly conceivable.
Obviously I had not thought that right through.
Well done you.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   04:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deltic1575 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jones gives the Hexagon cancellation for Terneuzen as 13-15 which suggests its fairly rare (1 is a common cancellation - the higher the number the rarer the cancellation)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26433 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   04:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Having real trouble finding the Jones catalogue,
appears rare in itself.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deltic1575 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   05:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deltic1575 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With regard to the Audenaerde cancellation I can only find reference to stamps from there having the following

Peseur
Marchandises
B Zacken Content
Goed March
Contentieux

and Rod222 has Voyageurs

Not seen anything ending in "yag" on anyother stamp either - can be a shortening of Voyageurs?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26433 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   05:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to clarify, my Voyageurs only exists on a RAN????? strike

Quote:
Not seen anything ending in "yag" on anyother stamp either -

Nor I.

Thanks for the Catalogue ref, affordable, starting to save for that one.
Edited by rod222 - 05/06/2019 05:52 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deltic1575 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your Ran???? strike is Ransart
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26433 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Your Ran???? strike is Ransart

Thanks Deltic, database updated.

Bottom Box Text apparent collective nouns............
FACTAGE drayage
EXPEDITIONS
DEPART departure
VOYAGEURS travellers
RECETTES receipts
MARCHANDISES merchandise
COUPONS
Edited by rod222 - 05/06/2019 5:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've contacted the indicated source at the Belgian study group; am waiting to hear from him. I suppose if one wants to collect these things, he/she needs the tools, and the Jones book appears to be a significant tool, indeed.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   10:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deltic1575 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This one looks to me as ?ALAEN or ?A LAEN but cant find any location that would match it - any suggestions?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6228 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Would FalaŽn work ? It is / was on line 150. It is part of Ohaye in Wallonia

Peter
Valued Member
United Kingdom
27 Posts
Posted 05/12/2019   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deltic1575 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you - I now see I have to remove all the accents and umlauts in my list of stations which explains why I couldnt find it before.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2334 Posts
Posted 05/23/2019   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been collecting these for a while and I have yet to complete one page in this album ! This page is getting close.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26433 Posts
Posted 05/23/2019   11:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!
Fabulous Page.......where may we get similar, please, Chasa ?
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05