Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Belgian Railway Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 205 / Views: 16,345Next Topic
Page: of 14
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   01:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Waremme only has 1 "R"
What do we think the 3rd letter is ? then I probably can crack it.

Reading Peter's comment, Warremme would fit, except to me, it looks like it ends in an "M"

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 12/18/2018 01:47 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   02:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found a WAREMME in my collection. (1 "R")
Hope this helps.

Edited by rod222 - 12/18/2018 02:06 am
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2651 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Given that the cancel is very poor & smudgy,it could be many things.
What about "Wakkerzeel" or "Walkerzeel".

http://www.fallingrain.com/world/BE/
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2973 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's WAEREGHEM, a variant spelling for Waregem.
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
WAEREGHEM

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   6:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think it's WAEREGHEM, a variant spelling for Waregem.

Sheesh!

I HAD got it, but Falling Rain did not show it , so I assumed I was in error.
I had the final "M" and then decided 3rd last had to be an "H"
giving "GHEM" so I went through falling rain, name by name.

Well done Nigel ! nice to have it cracked.

PS: In my opinion, not may Parcel strikes beginning with "W" also, I would have expected another name in the bottom box.

Now to try and find it on the Belgian Railway Maps.......

Nope..no luck. (In West Flanders)
Found my WAREMME / BORGWORM East of Liege.

Edited by rod222 - 12/18/2018 7:18 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few more puzzlers. Would you like me to send one at a time to the forum?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a few more puzzlers. Would you like me to send one at a time to the forum?

Up to you, SCF is rarely beaten on Identity queries, arfter your last one, the rest will be a walk in the Park.

Remember, a clear scan, is a good scan.

Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, This one should be easy for you -- at least I thought it would be easy. I went all the way thru the place names listing and couldn't find it, although I admit my eyes glaze over after the first 3-400 place names.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 12/18/2018   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, an easy one,
The beginning letter could only be an "S"
Statte

Statte near Huy (Namur)

Why HUY is familiar to me........
(Watch it, don't climb it)

Edited by rod222 - 12/18/2018 10:34 pm
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 12/19/2018   07:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Rod222 for the positive identification of Statte.

You have enclosed a snippet of a listing that seems to have hyperlinks and may be sortable (if that's even a word). Would you mind sharing the URL of that list? It looks like a splendid resource.

Tony
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 12/19/2018   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome Tony,

Quote:
You have enclosed a snippet of a listing that seems to have hyperlinks and may be sortable (if that's even a word). Would you mind sharing the URL of that list? It looks like a splendid resource.

It may well be, but nothing is perfect, it caused me to consider an error
with WAER instead of Waregem
But of course, we cannot hold them responsible for anglicised varieties.
That's where Nigel's intelligence is obvious, he picked that up, (He does that often)

Perf 12 offered the link to you a couple of posts ago.

It is a fabulous resource, I have been using it for 12 years, all the towns on the planet, takes some getting used to.......
Good Luck

http://www.fallingrain.com/world/BE/
Edited by rod222 - 12/19/2018 2:42 pm
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 12/19/2018   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for the link. I apologize to the group for posting a question about something I should have noticed before. Getting old does have its downsides.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 12/19/2018   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I apologize to the group for posting a question about something I should have noticed before.

Apologies not required Tony,
We are dealing with a vast array if minutiae in our hobby,
Clangers come with the territory.
I have made a few beauties in my time.

Corrected with dignity most of the time by members.

Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 205 / Views: 16,345Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.51 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05