Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Belgian Railway Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 205 / Views: 16,350Next Topic
Page: of 14
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some 1895-1902 Parcel Strikes.
Mispellings, Part Names used, as text string searchable, to ID, or solve, later part strikes.

UPDATE
(and test..see if I can get 2 images side by side)
Typo repaired Porte de flandre.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 01/22/2019 03:56 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
36 Posts
Posted 01/22/2019   03:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deltic1575 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1st block

2nd is Porte de Flandre
4th is Liege Longdoz

2nd block

4th is Anvers Gare Centrale
5th is probably Frameries
Last one is Meulebeke

3rd block

6th is Courtrai
7th is Bruxelles Rue Duquenoy
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 01/22/2019   03:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Brilliant! Deltic, many thanks,
may you find a rare stamp soon.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
36 Posts
Posted 01/23/2019   03:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deltic1575 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Q0110 O0st - D EST is Gent O0st - Gand Est
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 01/23/2019   05:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Deltic, Having 2 computer screens, and your SC# ID, repaired in seconds.
I have used a double "O" for OOST did not recognise your zero 0

Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 02/02/2019   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a Belgian stamp with a gorgeous cancellation:

No, it's not a parcel post/railway stamp, but I'm hoping some of you wizards might be familiar enough with the Sint Niklaas area to shed some light on this place. I can find nothing about this place, and wonder:

1. Is this part of the city of Sint Niklaas in East Flanders?

2. If so, was there a railway station located in that part of the city? If so, does anyone have an image of a Q stamp with this place on it?

3. For the part of Sint Niklaas that is called Verzending, what is the estimated population of that area?

4. If not part of Sint Niklaas in East Flanders, can anyone clue me in as to where it is?

Many thanks for any light you could shed on this baby.

Tony

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6832 Posts
Posted 02/02/2019   10:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tony , Sint Niklaas is a very old and beautiful city in Flanders, midway between Ghendt and Antwerp. And yes, it is in the province of East Flanders. The railway station is on line 59 and dates from 1844
Oh, by the way. Verzending is the Dutch ( Flemish ) word for "Shipping"

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 02/02/2019 10:54 pm
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   07:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Peter, As the MasterCard ad says "Priceless". Thanks very much.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
204 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tony, here is a couple that I found for St Nicolass Wass with 2 different spellings. I hope the scan is big enough to read...still getting to know my my Canon MG5720.

Alan
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 02/09/2019   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Should be simple, right?

Cannot find anything under "ville-taviers", but plenty under "taviers".

My inclination is to assume they're one and the same, but you know what they say about assumptions.

Is there a station "ville-taviers" that is different from "taviers".

TIA, Tony
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 02/09/2019   10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Noville-Taviers Rail Line 142

Green Arrow

Edited by rod222 - 02/09/2019 10:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   05:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tohill2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks. Don't know how you keep all that stuff in your head. What is the URL for the maps you show? I'm obviously behind the curve here.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is the URL for the maps you show? I'm obviously behind the curve here.

Hi Tony,
Not at all, just the altruistic part of stamp collecting, people helping people of a similar disposition. I don't have an URL, possibly sent to me by others,
maps can be gained by Googling, albeit the huge modern map, does not show the older lines.
I recall, possibly 12 years ago in a stamp newsgroup, a Mr. Tracy Barber was attempting to produce a database of Belgian Rail Pmks, at the time, I thought "Good luck with that", not knowing years later, I would enjoy it also.

I wish I had the ability to memorise, but the recall is only I.T.
There exists a catalogue of Rail Pmks, but it is beyond my wallet.
Edited by rod222 - 02/10/2019 3:16 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
137 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you may find these to be useful links that I have found on the Belgium Philatelic Study Circle website

users.skynet.be/fa058639/bas.html#F

Belgian railway stations with period photographs.

users.telenet.be/pk/en/stations.htm

A list of the Belgian railway stations and lines and telegraphic codes.

nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorie:Spoorwegstation_in_Belgi%C3%AB

A very comprehensive resource, giving information about all the stations in Belgium and much more.

I'm sure I also found a couple of maps of the railway system, but as so often my filing system has let me down. I'll keep looking.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Crispin,
I employ the "users/telenet" link, its a cracker.

Filing System.
You would be hard pressed to beat any Windows Explorer interface.

I use XYplorer, still evaluating, but I will purchase.
https://www.xyplorer.com/

To find any file on your computer, use any text string with FREE "Agent Ransack"
https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 205 / Views: 16,350Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 4.26 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05