Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Graf Zeppelin Postcard Date 1930's ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 5,434Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
556 Posts
Posted 04/15/2014   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add SueStamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,
I am wondering if this postcard is a reproduction?
It looks brand new, so that's why I am guessing it is not from 1930's?
I want to put it up for auction, so any help would be greatly appreciated. See below for photos.
Thank you so much,
SueStamps

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2880 Posts
Posted 04/15/2014   1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rileysan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have never seen anything like this before, but I can say with confidence that this is a facsimile/reproduction. It's certainly a good looking cover!

Brian
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2751 Posts
Posted 04/15/2014   2:01 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's definitely a reproduction. If you try to list it on a website like eBay, you're suppose to label the item as a facsimile otherwise the listing might be pulled.
Pillar Of The Community
1542 Posts
Posted 04/20/2014   6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I Brake For Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How did you come across this particular cover? I have a calender from 1933 that looks like it was made yesterday, because it was within a stack of papers or whatever for decades and decades. It might be a reproduction of a German Graf Zeppelin First Day Cover, because that was the image on the German Graf Zeppelin stamp. But I don't know it's date of issue.

But this would be the German sibling of our Scott US C13, C14, & C15. If it is original, stranger things have happened, and knowing where it came from and it's history is what you need to know for sure.

These stamps were intended for use on mail that would be carried on the Zeppelins. At least in the case of our 3 releases, the vast majority of the money was to go to the German Zeppelin Airship Works, not the USPS.

http://www.kenmorestamp.com/us-graf...pelin-stamps

-IBFS
All science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 08/08/2018   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zepman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If it is an adhesive stamp than it is imperforate and not real. Also the Egypt flight was in 1929 not 1930.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 5,434Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05