Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Federal Duck Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6377 Posts
Posted 02/07/2015   12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a couple.

Not in the best shape, but still nice. Have some Canadian on licenses too.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 05/17/2015   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would assume the various states will also begin to increase the price of its duck stamps. Louisiana started issuing its beautiful waterfowl stamps in June 1989 @ $5.00 each for residents, increase to $5.50 in 1998 where it has remained. Below is the art work of the 2015-16 duck stamp to be issued in Louisiana.

"Bluewings Over Cypress Creek" This is the artist, Guy Crittenden's first winning Duck Stamp in Louisiana. He featured the beautiful feathering of the Blue-winged Teal drake against a background that repeated some of the colors in the bird itself. Blues, golds, rusty reds, and purples. Mr. Crittenden's entry was a unanimous selection by a panel of five judges and will become the 2015-16 Louisiana Waterfowl Stamp.

To view a Youtube video of highlights of the 2015 Louisiana Duck Stamp Contest, go to
5UDQlautKKY

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 05/17/2015 4:56 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 05/26/2016   8:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to latest USPS Bulletin, On June 24, 2016, in Springfield, MO, the U.S. Department of the Interior will issue a $25 Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation stamp for the 20162017 waterfowl hunting season featuring Trumpeter Swans As in the past, one stamp will be WAG(water activated gum) issued in pane of 20(Item #335400) haven't been able to find the item # for the single WAG and the other PSA pane of 1(Item #335500). The special PSA artist signed pane of one was discontinued after the 2013-14 issue.

Learn about Trumpeter Swanson:
OnqkfglZI2Q

The 2016-17 $5 Junior Federal Duck stamp will also be issued based upon drawing below:

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 05/26/2016 9:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 06/16/2018   3:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the U.S. Department of the Interior is not being fair to us collectors by issuing the 2018-19 $100 85th Anniversary Commemorative Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation souvenir sheet of 4 stamps. They seem to try to justify the cost by including a block of 4 $25 stamps. An anniversary is supposed to be something to celebrate, not leaving their loyal customers with a bad feeling or unable to afford. They are issuing 12,600 sheets. Why so many when they know they will sell less than 3000? In the past, we collectors buy(donate) $25 for WAG, $25 for PSA and many $35 for silk FDC, now on top of that they are adding $100. The $50 price of the 75th anniversary was fair and a nice-looking product, this one looks just like a money grabbing product and not worthy of its long tradition. And why issue an 85th year? In the past they issued a 25th, a 50th and a 75th which are normal milestones.

Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 06/16/2018 9:04 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
998 Posts
Posted 06/16/2018   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
acanalizo, look on the bright side. With no more WAG ducks, in the future most collectors will probably only need to buy one duck stamp. While it's true that the 2018 SS may make this a rather expensive year for some collectors, I take the long view ... only 1 duck each year instead of 2 will eventually help my budget. Moreover, if a collector with deep pockets normally collects duck plate blocks, he can substitute the SS for the 2018 plate block ... because the SS has a plate number as well.
But in the main, I agree that issuing a SS on the 85th anniversary makes little sense ... so it's probably a money grab. On the other hand, if the USPS starts issuing a duck SS every year, then there's little doubt about their intentions.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 06/16/2018   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not really. Many of us will still need to purchase one single PSA stamp from the pane of 20 to be complete- just as we purchased that single WAG. Don't know if Scott will list the single yet, nor if they don't, will they later change their mind. Either way, it will be a different stamp-surely the backing will be different. The 2008 75th anniversary was nicely done - Scott choose not to give it a number, just a note. They did not even include it in their annual National supplement.
Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 06/16/2018 8:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 06/16/2018   8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Dept. of Interior also made a mistake with issuing this 85th Anniversary product this year in 2018. The 85th anniversary is 2019. 2018 minus 1934 = 84, not 85. They made same mistake with the 75th Anniversary product issued in 2008 (2008-1934= 74) however they did get RW51 50th Anniversary issued in 1984 right (1984-1934=50) and choose not to issue a 25th Anniversary in 1959 . Congress passed the Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp Act and on March 16th 1934 Pres. Roosevelt signed it into law. Maybe that's why this 85th anniversary is so expensive -it's a "major error"
Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 06/16/2018 9:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
Posted 06/20/2018   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to comment about the stamps, I collect these every year and do not hunt anymore so I am contributing to the wetland purchase. What a lot of people miss is the amount of wildlife that benefits from these purchases beside ducks and geese, also there is a lot of revenue generated by hunting. I hope the duck stamps continue and I also like the state stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
652 Posts
Posted 06/20/2018   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revenuermd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamps also pay for the annual admission to Wildlife Refuges. This almost certainly accounts for the change in inscription that occurred in 1977. From that date onward they added "and Conservation Stamp."
Ron Lesher
Pillar Of The Community
United States
652 Posts
Posted 06/20/2018   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revenuermd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am interested in seeing used stamps for admission to wildlife Refuges. can anyone show sone?
Ron Lesher
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 06/20/2018   10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Louisiana issued 4 WILD LIFE stamps for admission to State wildlife Refuges and stopped issuing in 1999, then issued paper permits to save money SHAME .
Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 06/20/2018 10:38 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 06/27/2018   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Migratory Bird Program just advised me will be able to purchase a single(s) from new format PSA sheet of 20
2018-19 Federal Duck stamp.
Albert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 06/30/2018   03:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I further don't understand why the US Fish & Wildlife Service is issuing
2 different cachet envelopes for the 2018-19 Mallard Duck stamp? Why not just one? It is bad enough they issued a costly $100 85th Anniversary Sheetlet, now an added $35 additional cachet besides the regular $35 silk cachet?

Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 06/30/2018 03:20 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
404 Posts
Posted 07/09/2018   8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is anyone who collects ducks having trouble ordering a single of the new 2018-2019 stamp? When I go on the USPS website, it has the sheet of 20 automatically checked off and I can't get it unchecked to just order one stamp, which it does show available for $25. Is there another way to get this stamp? Thank you in advance.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
784 Posts
Posted 07/09/2018   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, one must call Stamp Fulfillment Services directly at
800-782-6724 to order single. USPS item No. 336001 (single stamp)

I was surprise Scott has assigned a number to the 85th Anniversary issue of 4- RW85b when they refused to issue a Scott number to the 75th Anniversary issue, but just makes a note about it below the listing.
Again, why an 85th Anniversary when, in the past, it was every 25 years. This 85th Anniversary of 4 is a completely not necessary, expensive,
and not artful at all other than the stamp itself. There was no thought of collectors They printed 12,600? I will be surprised if they sold 2,000.
Albert
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.01 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05