Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Federal Duck Stamps  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...
328 Posts
Posted 07/09/2018   10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your advice. I'll go ahead and do that tomorrow.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United States
2 Posts
Posted 07/10/2018   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add giltanis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Given the news in Linns that there will only be a single catalog number issued for the 2018 Duck Stamp is the consensus guess that the supplement for the National will continue to have 2 spots or that there will be only one?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
782 Posts
Posted 07/10/2018   7:51 pm  Show Profile Check acanalizo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If history means anything, there is no telling what they will decide to do. There is no difference in the actual stamps as far as the specs given by USPS. If one were to follow their logic before the pane of one PSA began, they should go back to just the single PSA stamp like RW1-RW65 National pages/supplements. They did not have a page for the 75th Anniversary issue.
Albert
United States
2 Posts
Posted 07/10/2018   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add giltanis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I will just get the single stamp then for now and call it a day. Thanks. I wonder if this means they will reprint the pages in future year supplements or if it will be like the semi-postals where they went one stamp per page.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
782 Posts
Posted 07/11/2018   1:12 pm  Show Profile Check acanalizo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wrote US Fish & Wildlife asking, if possible, to send me a copy of The Federal Duck Stamp 75th Anniversary Field Guide printed February 2008. It is nicely done and looks well with one's collection. 8 pages including out and inside covers. Free

I enclosed a self-addressed stamped envelope for return and they recently sent me a copy.It has all the images, dates, artist names thru 2008-09.

Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 07/11/2018 3:45 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
328 Posts
Posted 07/11/2018   1:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very attractive guide. Maybe I'll go ahead and order one since I don't think I'll be around for the 100th anniversary edition. Yesterday I ordered a single and the one-stamp souvenir sheet from Stamp Fulfillment - thanks again for the tip. These duck stamps are all just so beautiful, almost have a whole set now.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
889 Posts
Posted 07/11/2018   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, there will likely be little change in how album-makers treat future duck stamps. The PSA pane of 1 will still have a separate number, albeit only a minor number. So, if your album currently has two duck stamps (e.g., for RW84 & RW84A), it will likely have two for the current ducks (RW85 & RW85a). If it has only one, then it will continue to have just one. On the other hand, the SS (RW85b) seems doubtful. Initially I agreed with acanlizo about the USPS being inconsistent in assigning this SS its own catalogue number. But after a bit of thought, I realized that there is a difference between the RW75 & RW85 souvenir sheets. The RW75 SS was sold for $50 despite having but a single $15 stamp ... on the other hand, RW85b contains stamps whose denominations match the selling price ($100). It may be that Scott took this into consideration when assigning RW75/RW85 numbers.
Edited by JLLebbert - 07/11/2018 4:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
782 Posts
Posted 07/11/2018   5:29 pm  Show Profile Check acanalizo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott National usually does not have a space for minor #'s. The RW84A was a major # because it was a PSA issue making it different from the RW84 WAG issue - both major #'s. The 2018-19 pane of one has been reduced to a minor # 85a because it is the same stamp as the RW85 except in a different format.? I think Scott will only have space for the single major stamp. I hope it will not take years for supplement updates as they do with the Junior Duck issues.
Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 07/11/2018 5:30 pm
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05