Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3993 Posts
Posted 10/16/2018   2:43 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been restrained lately, but picked up an auction lot of French material in eleven old Frank Godden Warwick albums and three stock-books. This could take some time ...

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Spain
110 Posts
Posted 10/16/2018   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is much simpler.
Today I have received this letter of a friend who me sends three stamps of Romania, of a series of ceramics that I am collecting.

Valued Member
Spain
110 Posts
Posted 10/19/2018   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
South Africa
185 Posts
Posted 10/19/2018   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got this bill in the mail, with STAMPS! no machine cancel or franking
a rare gift indeed now a days.with train stamps no less not just a definitive.
For a train aficionado.

If you would be interested in this cover let me know, send me a nice astronomy stamp, cover or postcard, from your country, and I'll send you this cover in an envelope with a real stamp or stamp's.
Edited by Perfin_RK - 10/19/2018 2:36 pm
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 10/24/2018   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrotherSquint to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received these stamp collecting topicals all the way from South Korea.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2611 Posts
Posted 11/17/2018   7:33 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got a Postcrossing postcard with actual postally used Bahrain stamps

Valued Member
Spain
110 Posts
Posted 11/17/2018   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Friday came.
On Saturdays and holidays, there is no distribution of mail in Spain.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
639 Posts
Posted 12/10/2018   11:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2018 has been a much slower year for acquiring postcards written in Volapük than 2017. Last year I managed to score five of them on eBay, but this year, even though it's already December, I've only bought one. But it's my earliest by a margin of 37 days: mailed on 25 November 1887 from Vienna to Alexandria.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1084 Posts
Posted 12/11/2018   09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An album with 155 WW1 POW postcards from the Czech battalions in Russia. They need to be written up and researched, so it's time to brush up on the Russian and learn Czech!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3607 Posts
Posted 12/19/2018   10:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Stamps, shmamps.

The contents of the two parcels were:

- Rochlin's Handbook of the Issues of the Jewish National Fund

- Courlander's A History of Jewish Arts and Crafts on the Postage Stamps of Israel

- Aizenberg's Postcards From The Holy Land: A Pictorial History of the Ottoman Era, 1880-1918

https://israelstamps.com/bookstore/ ... all from the Society of Israel Philatelists (SIP) bookstore

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Pillar Of The Community
United States
521 Posts
Posted 12/25/2018   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I make an annual purchase of the USPS Yearbook (since 1981) because the book itself is a great 'coffee table' add so friends can pick up & browse through it. Sometimes they get interested enough to ask if I have picked up anything new for my collection. Around 12/15 I received the Annual with 2 of 3 pkgs of stamps. The 'mail use' package was noted as being shipped separately. Usually those noted items show up within 3-5 days (if not the next). I was becoming concerned that maybe, because of the seasonal mail volume, I would not receive it until after the New Year. Concern unwarranted as I received the last part of the order on 12/24, just in time to place under my tree. I will have a pleasant time in the coming week placing the individuals issues in their appropriate places & reading the accompanying stories.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
756 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob041256 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few cockroaches.
Valued Member
86 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Loupy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of 110 used US #720 from an eBay seller. Checked about 20 and have 3 potential plate varieties plus some nice cancels in the lot.
Valued Member
Puerto Rico
6 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add luisgo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today my mailbox was a lot of fun!! A cover flown in the Graf Zeppelin from US to Germany in 1928 mailed from Puerto Rico where I live. A lot of stamps overprinted PORTO RICO purchased for just one stamp. A Coamo Puerto Rico 1898 military station, SCARCE on a stamp! and a postcard view of San Juan from 1967. BTW the Graf Zeppelin cover was flown! Wrong description..

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2611 Posts
Posted 01/20/2019   4:39 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arrived via Postcrossing yesterday

Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05