Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4555 Posts
Posted 03/05/2019   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Q/ Did your other Austrian piece bear CVP?

ikeyPikey

Yes, one from December 2018 was also not cancelled
but one from September 2018 and aother from January 2019 both
with CVP had the stamps cancelled.
So no rhyme or reason.

Yes all your perhapses are possibilities I suppose.

It is also possible that Austria Post isn't worried
about loosing revenue due to reuse of stamps if
the destination is international.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
567 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   5:33 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received this today from a dealer in Denmark. How was it sent without stamps? Is there some kind of pre-paid code in the corner?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
575 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Porto kontrolleret" means "Postage checked", so perhaps that's sufficient indication that postage was paid, possibly in conjunction with the code in the corner?
Edited by erilaz - 03/06/2019 10:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1868 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rlsny, you might want to invest in a letter opener. Just saying ...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
567 Posts
Posted 03/07/2019   10:43 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
lol - not my doing, but yeah - not pretty

So no solid explanation of how this could ship without a stamp yet. Some mysterious handshake I guess.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   12:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I commented back on March 5th in reply to Nells250 that I hoped that something I'd ordered from Poland would arrive soon. When I got home from work yesterday (March 13th) there was one of those notes in my mailbox from the Post Office that they'd tried to deliver a piece of registered mail but there was nobody home so I would either have to leave instructions for re-delivery or pick it up from the sorting office. I chose the latter and when I picked it up I saw that it was the FDC's from the Czech Republic I ordered back in early February. The packet itself was sent by Registered mail, so I was a little miffed that it had taken so long to get here. But when I saw the envelope itself, all the annoyance disappeared, because even though it was postmarked Feb 13th, i.e. it took just over 4 weeks, it was franked with one of the most stunningly beautiful souvenir sheets I've ever seen, even the clerk at the Post Office remarked on it. It's a very recent issue, a 14.50 zloty SS commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Polish Security Printing Works, and shows what appears to be a 100 zloty banknote with a portrait of famed Polish musician/statesman, Ignac Paderewski. It received a very nice, very discreet Krakow CDS cancel, and only a tiny crease in the upper right corner, so the cover is a nice addition to my collection. The picture is not the cover itself, just a picture of what the souvenir sheet looks like. The cover also has a 2.50 zloty stamp from 2016 showing Pope Francis with some children. Oh yes and the FDC I ordered is nice too, one for my Art Deco collection.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1139 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   6:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My United States Stamp Society (USSS) 25-year pin.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1010 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, Robert!

Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05