Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38
Pillar Of The Community
United States
652 Posts
Posted 04/29/2019   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Then again, Britain is full of place names that have spellings that come nowhere near the way they are pronounced. A good test of whether someone is a true Brit or not (I bet you could detect a spy trying to pass themself off as British this way) is to show them a list of some of these names and see if they pronounce them correctly.

That reminds me of an old Monty Python bit: It's spelt 'Raymond Luxury Yacht', but it's pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3637 Posts
Posted 05/01/2019   10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
Two large Desert Magic drying books arrived in good order, though the Marker Monkey got to the postage:

http://goscf.com/t/3853&whichpage=19#592686

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey (who always piled-on so many books when drying stamps that the stamps ended-up vacuum-bonded to the interleaving paper, and has decided to just give The Man the money for a better solution)
Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
Posted 05/01/2019   11:35 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My US 114 with Waterbury pumpkin cancel.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
11 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   03:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yorkie68 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In the post this morning was my copy of the new SG Spain and colonies catalogue, first new copy I have bought since the early 90s.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
416 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   06:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bought a nice mid-period Commonwealth collection in 5 albums at auction yesterday, looking forward to going through them, starting this evening.
Regards
DavidR
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   08:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
David I hope you will post some images and comments as you go through the collection?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
416 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will definitely try Shermae. Not had any success when trying to post images on here over the last few months.
Regards
DavidR
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 05/04/2019   3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A 2014 copy of the Stanley Gibbons Concise catalogue that I bought on eBay a week ago.

Dale
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 05/09/2019   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalHysteria to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The "latest" U.S, Slogan cancel book The 1968 edition revised 1975. (If there's a newer book, I don't know of it.)
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tgswanner to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's always exciting to get stamps in the mail, but to see how excited an 8 year old girl can get when SHE gets stamps in the mail is awesome. My daughter received a nice packet and BEAUTIFUL envelope from Dianne. Some of the people on this forum have gone above and beyond - and for that, I SALUTE YOU.
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalHysteria to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
docgfd - nice punkin'!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1082 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the APS circuits came today and I was able to pick a couple of nice stamps from it, Scott 337 and 339.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2516 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
APS circuit.

Unfortunately, the APS and I are the only ones on this circuit who post with stamps. I guess the others can't be bothered.

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 05/19/2019   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not today, but I just picked up two packages from my apartment complex office that arrived Friday and yesterday.

Two lots of German area that I picked up on eBay recently. One is a complete set of Allenstein #1 - 28 in mint hinged condition. The other a small lot of Soviet occupation issues. I'll be moving these to Steiner pages once I get a mount order in from Showgard.

A used 2017 copy of the Scott Classic Specialized catalog.

Dale
Valued Member
United Kingdom
181 Posts
Posted 05/22/2019   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got this on eBay for 1+ P&P.
The 10-franc stamps are catalogued at 250 each in Stamps of the World.
Its on a piece of parcel receipt.
Very happy to actually receive it!

Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05