Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3252 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
258 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received today -- another 1kg lot of assorted world album pages, via eBay.
Plenty of useful material to add to my albums, and plenty of stuff to sell on.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3252 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5640 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1959 Nepal definitives. I've always loved this set, here are the 2 high value birds.

Valued Member
54 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous stamps, Stallzer.

I was pleased that the magnifier I ordered finally arrived today. Now I can finally view my engraved stamps in all their glorious detail...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3252 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   12:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United Kingdom
258 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   07:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday a courier dropped off a 10kg box of charity kiloware.
It was very cheap, so a great deal -- until you factor in the massive labour of sorting through 10kg!
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A copy of Kelleher's catalog for the upcoming Georgetown collection of Britain and Commonwealth. Well outside my budget, but a lot of beauties I'd be happy to have in my meager collection.

If I were ever to consider reducing my scope from worldwide, I'd most likely go the Commonwealth route. So many terrific stamps.

Dale
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 07/26/2019   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A pair of pleasant surprises in today's mail.

The August issue of The American Philatelist and my recently purchased copy of the 2006 edition of SG GB Specialized Volume 3. Once I familiarize myself with it, I plan to go through some of the Wildings I've come across from recent purchases.

Dale
Valued Member
Canada
388 Posts
Posted 07/26/2019   10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love those Nepal stamps!
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 08/05/2019   12:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Had a wonderful surprise arrive today,

3 envelopes with stamps of Canada, US and world stamps
interesting covers with some cachets/Cinderellas.
haven't done a count but 150 or above stamps, thanks to the
generosity of one of the fantastic members we have on this forum

one was "Damaged" and sealed back up buy the post office

Thank you MBStamps for taking the time and effort to mail these to
me much appreciated.
Going to have fun sorting through them, and learning things along the way, not too clued up on Canada but look forward to remedying that through our hobby of stamps, not forgetting the generous members here.

Ray

Regards Ray
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
513 Posts
Posted 08/06/2019   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today an Ethiopian Postcard from 1935/36 arrived.

It was on offer with only the frontside shown.

The "send by" section shows a Red Cross Netherlands stamp, that got my attention.

In 1935/1936 the Dutch Red cross had a field hospital In Abbesinia during the second Italian-Ethiopian war.

When it arrived this morning, I turned the card to check the backside, and all 9 members of the Dutch Red Cross signed the card, together with their function.

A nice addition to my collection.

Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 2016 Unitrade Canada Specialized arrived earlier in the week and I picked it up yesterday.

This brings my collection of non-Scott catalogs up to four. I have two Stanley Gibbons catalogs on their way, so soon it will jump to six.

Dale
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a copy of the SG GB Specialized Volume 2 13th edition from 2009.

This one went on my wishlist after finding a fair number of issues for George VI in some recent lots I purchased. I also saw some for the other three kings covered in the volume.

It's starting to feel like I'm also collecting stamp catalogs as well as stamps.

Dale
Valued Member
United Kingdom
258 Posts
Posted Yesterday   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today received a group of Nigeria George VI high values (2/6, 5/-) via eBay.
I noticed from the scan that the 2/6 values had a perf. 13x11.5 and a perf. 13.5 dark blue shade (cat. 25 and 55 respectively), so I figured it was a good deal.
Approx. 20 stamps for a few pounds.
I just sorted out my Nigeria stamps, so a useful addition.
Page: of 41 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05