Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
575 Posts
Posted 12/27/2019   09:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just arrived.

A Privat postcard. Michel PP16 from 1913 Bavaria Germany.

Posted/used in 1915.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
575 Posts
Posted 12/28/2019   07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Recieved today 1935 Belgium FDC.

3 different postmarks.

Bottom left, First Day Brussels World Fair.

Upper Right First Day ancient Brussels.

Upper Right First Day Ville Lilliput Stad. A miniature city filled with small houses and small people(fortunately nowadays no longer accepted, but in those years an attraction)

Edited by Johan Buvelot - 12/28/2019 07:09 am
Valued Member
Ireland
203 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first quarterly brochure of 2020 from Irish Post Office. The 2020 programme has no reference to League of Nations, United Nations or Olympics.
January...European Cities of Culture (joint issue with Croatia) ...2 stamps
January...Love & Marriage ...1 stamp
February...War of Independence ...2 stamps
February....Irish Abroad....5 stamps (includes actor Richard Harris)
March...Pioneering Irish Women ...5 stamps (includes actress Maureen O'Hara
April...Centenary of Liam Cosgrove...1 stamp
April...25th Anniv of Father Ted TV programme ....4 stamps (bound to be a fun issue)
July...Europa...2 stamps (theme is ancient postal routes)
June...Irish Proud Movement ....2 stamps (which will prolly reflect the Equal Marriage referendum a few years ago)
July...Definitive SOAR series next phase ...12 stamps including booklet stamps and coil stamps
August....Gaelic Athletic Assn/County Colours...4 stamps...to be an annual issue maybe as there are 32 counties plus "de facto counties abroad"????
September....War of Independence...2 stamps
October...U2...A Celebration (sic) ....4 stamps oh GOD no not more U2 stamps.
October...Christmas (6 stamps)

Looks like a fun year especially if I get some appropriate postcards
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
575 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arrived today:

Berlin cover with Döbern Niederlausitz Notstempel.

Postal Stationery DP4(Michel)

Berlin 48 in postmark on stamp and in "negative" postmark

French set of 3 stamps with Moet et Chandon advertising, used.
For those who have these stamps with red dots in the bottom perforation, now you have an idea were they are from.

Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received two #6 glassine storage boxes ordered earlier this week from Brooklyn Gallery. As I've been sorting into envelopes by country, I place the envelopes in alpha order in the boxes. I filled two and started on a third over the holidays, so I wanted to get more to have plenty of expansion room.

Dale
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
451 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a Used Mexico #7 1R Guanajuato today :) .

with a Forever ELMO stamp on the cover/envelope :)
Edited by Mrita75 - 01/09/2020 11:48 pm
Valued Member
Spain
162 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
I got this nice postcard from St. George (Utah) with cancellation of 18 december,
Regards.

Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
Posted 01/17/2020   4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a lot I won on eBay Sunday night. It was listed as an "interesting WW collection in Harris Statesman album." From the image, though, it was clearly not a Harris album.

In the description the seller did describe it as a Scott International. Upon opening it I could not believe how thick the binder was. Turns out the pages cover part 4 and what seems to be an older version of part 5 with pages to 1965.

All in all a pleasant surprise, especially as both seem to include the U.S. pages. I have yet to be so lucky with a couple part 2 collections I've purchased.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
575 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   05:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A 1952 last day of exhibit cover

A Suriname cover from 1929 with 1927 overprint stamps.

And finally I found it yesterday, a photograph related to a post on page 30 of this thread. The post was about a advertising postmark to help children in Austria in and around 1920(famine).

The picture shows on the left Anna Urban from Vienna who stayed the better part of 1920 with the van Gerwen family in Acht Netherlands. On the right is my maternal grandmother Petronella(Nel)van Gerwen, who was happy to have a sister for a while(she only had brothers)

Valued Member
160 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   05:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Johan,

Very nice!

Hornet
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4644 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   06:18 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An eBay lot posted yesterday. Unfortunately, it was one I'd posted, which the post office had thoughtfully delivered to the sender, rather than the addressee. Oh dear.
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05