Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 697 / Views: 98,157Next Topic
Page: of 47
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
610 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   05:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some more:

Black and Orange Int Rev with some selvedge
Letters close to the stamp

Proprietary stamp on Poudre de Riz box. I believe make up powder.
Asuming the stamp has a precancel?.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
610 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   07:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And the last ones I will show.

2x inl exchange

Bank check. stamp: Harlow J. Phelps Company New Orleans.

Bank Check 10 ct. imperf. A believe a crew list.

And then a Check? without a revenue stamp. Not needed?

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4786 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A receipt, rather than a cheque.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
285 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am struck by the font on the Western National Bank [of Philadelphia] check.
I would not have picked 1875 for its year of origin.

- Jonathan
Valued Member
111 Posts
Posted 05/18/2020   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my mailbox today was a letter from the White House telling me all about my stimulus check. It arrived two weeks after I got the check but I think the govt. invented the saying "better late than never".

Ikey-Pikey--When I talked about Trumps' signature on the check in my post of 5/2, I was thinking of people salvaging the cancelled ones from the trash. In any case, I doubt any in Washington care about saving money anymore.

I don't know if the Feds read my 5/2 post but it's like they heard me. The letter I received today had not one but two Trump signatures on it.Whatever they're using for auto pen these days looks like it was done with a felt pen.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
610 Posts
Posted 05/23/2020   07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arrived today a 2.5/7.5/2.5 combination from the Netherlands 1942 on postcard.

Almost all are considered Philatelistic.

They are not that easy to find and as long as the postage is correct I am fine

Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 05/23/2020   4:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday's mail brought the Postmaster Commission document shown below. Issued to William Kilby, appointing him the postmaster at Denneysville, Maine. It is dated February 24, 1800. This is the second oldest such document I have been able to add to my collection.

The Postmaster General at the time was Joseph Habersham, who served in this position between 1795 and 1801

William Kilby was the first postmaster appointed at the Denneysville post office, which was established on January 31, 1800, as shown by the following entry from the Letter Books of the Postmaster General, vol E, page 457.

Denneysville is in Washington County, on the easternmost point of Maine. I've not been able to determine how long William Kilby served as postmaster, but he died in 1829.
Edited by mml1942 - 05/23/2020 4:51 pm
Page: of 47 Previous TopicReplies: 697 / Views: 98,157Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05