Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 808 / Views: 113,037Next Topic
Page: of 54
Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
Posted 03/21/2021   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Casey Magoo: wow, I'd love that one pound green Queen Victoria stamp, I have a sub-collection within my Great Britain collection of corner letters corresponding to my initials, and this one fits the bill. I have the basic stamp, but not one with my initials
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2811 Posts
Posted 03/22/2021   6:03 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing special... I just like these two GB stamps which came on a Postcrossing card today. And I don't get to post much to HERE THEY ARE!

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
683 Posts
Posted 03/23/2021   09:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Registered cover West Saxonia 1946. with some stamps from the Volkssolidarität series.

110 pfg used as postage were 108 pfg was needed, but that is ok. Within tolerance and they are not that easy to find.

Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 03/27/2021   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some coffee related postcards (to make Maxicards). And 100 monkey stamps because Monkeys.
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 03/27/2021   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Amazon just dropped this off. Why does Amazon make such a racket when the wife is home, but act like ninjas when she isn't?
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
Posted 03/29/2021   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eraserman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey jconey can we get a close up image of one of the stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
683 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A postcard with the Stuttgart 1951 Luposta Tag der briefmark Special postmark. Also a 5 pfg Berlin stamp with that postmark and this all on an original 1907 postcard.

Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   11:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Theosprey247. I have that History of Britain in 36 postage stamps book, it's terrific
Valued Member
Australia
81 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   03:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What was in the mailbox today?

Well....................nothing.

We are still getting residential mail service every other day here in Australia with deliveries this week on Wednesday and Friday so next week we'll have service on Tuesday and Thursday.

Wednesday we did get mail - one a postcard from Guernsey Post. Of course there was no stamp on it!! No date either so I have no idea how long it took. Even during the big lock down here in Victoria and all the postal problems around the world we somehow still managed to get those Guernsey postal bulletins/catalogues!!

Before the Easter holiday (when we had no postal service from 2 to 5 April) I got a small lot of stamps mailed from country Victoria to Melbourne which took 3 days. I consider that amazing service. I was able to sort and work on them during the holiday.

One letter also came from the USA before Easter which took only 30 days which is faster than the previous one which took longer.

On the other hand I am again waiting on a letter/package from a company in the Melbourne CBD which was mailed BEFORE the Easter holiday and one day after the stamps.

That means it will have taken at least 14 days to move 45 kilometers from there to us in suburbs if it comes on Tuesday.

I think I had better stop buying stuff from companies in the Melbourne CBD as the mail time is just too long.
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   06:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
After taking a break of a few months from all things philatelic, I'm gearing up for getting back into things.

Yesterday's mail brought a copy of the 2020 Scott Classic Specialized that I found on Amazon for less than $30. It's in excellent condition with no signs of writing in the areas I've looked at so far. This one will replace the 2017 copy I had been using.

Also received a package from Brooklyn Gallery with a couple boxes of glassines and a storage box.

Dale
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   7:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I received this postcard via postcard United from France.
Valued Member
Australia
81 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   12:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well we had mail delivery on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this week.

Nothing on Monday. Nothing today - Friday.

On Wednesday I got a letter from New Zealand. Mailed on the 8th of April and arrived on the 21st so 13 days total transit time. Five days transit time in Australia as can be seen by the ugly Australia Post slogan cancel added to the letter. See attached scan. And yes it did contain a cover so another letter sent in contravention of UPU rules............

Postage was charged US$4 so quite a bit of 'extra' in there and four of the stamps were not cancelled. I also had to take off one of those nifty yellow bar codes stickers from the envelope.

Today we got two packages from Japan. Both of them took 14 days from Japan to our house and neither of them had stamps on them. So one day longer than from New Zealand.

Never did get my eBay purchase from the seller in the Melbourne CBD.So it has gone walkabout that one is 24 days and counting. Refund requested and received.

One week and counting on a purchase from Queensland.

And still waiting for a couple of letters from the good ole USA which have now taken 28 days..........which will jump to at least 32 days as the next mail delivery is on the 27th of April.

Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   1:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elfstone99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally received my 2020 copy of Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Concise catalogue. Shipping was more than the cost of the catalogue, but needs must.
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 04/29/2021   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
German stamps to fill some random holes in the album. About 80% complete Empire/Fed Rep/Berlin/DDR to 1968. Long way to go on colonies/occupations/states.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2996 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   07:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An envelope including a stock book full of used Machins from my friend Michael (Londonbus1).

Al
Page: of 54 Previous TopicReplies: 808 / Views: 113,037Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05