Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 894 / Views: 122,149Next Topic
Page: of 60
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2859 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   4:58 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sharing these stamps as I was happy a Postcrossing member from Finland went out of his way to also mail me something from Aland... something tells me postally used stamps are less common than mint!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aland_Islands

***Mod Fixed Link (it did not like the Å in the link - Don)***
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Nells250 - 05/05/2021 5:25 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7713 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nells, your link goes to something weird!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%85land_Islands

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2859 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   5:16 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Works for me... what are you seeing?? (afraid to ask...)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7713 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, Rod found the same thing. I could not find a reference to Aland in there!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2859 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   5:27 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmmmmmmm... I think it may be the odd little "o" that appears above the "A" doing it... it seems to be messing up the URL!!

https://thealandislands.com instead! ;-)

EDIT: MODS beat me to this!
Edited by Nells250 - 05/05/2021 5:28 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1203 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   12:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sharing these stamps as I was happy a Postcrossing member from Finland went out of his way to also mail me something from Aland... something tells me postally used stamps are less common than mint!

I've bought postal stationery from a Finnish eBay seller who sometimes mails his shipments from Åland. Here's an example from a few years ago:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2859 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   4:55 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Notice the top lettering of each cancel is the same but they changed the bottom!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
564 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Just filling in some gaps... Little at a time.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6495 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Earth Day postmark. Glad to see the equipment is putting them a little more "in focus".

Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An eBay lot from a German seller arrived yesterday. It was mailed on April 7th. Thirty-six days in all. I was expecting it to take another week or two. The tracking number doesn't seem to have ever gotten scanned by either Deutsche Post or USPS.

My bounty? A complete, MNH run of Berlin stamps from 1960-1990. After I get these cataloged and added over the next few days I'll be able to put together my need/want list for Berlin.

Dale
Valued Member
Canada
315 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I actually got something stamp related. An 8c block that I overpaid for. I've had some highs and lows in this auction game in the last few months.

my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elfstone99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wasps. Wasps were in my mailbox today, along with my AmEx statement.

And sitting on my doorstep was my new Isle of Man album, along with Scott clear mounts that I ordered. Will be a good weekend.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5950 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   01:21 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad we have letter-boxes, not mail-boxes, although August is peak wasp season here. For those interested, the Isle of Man, like the Channel Islands, is one of those areas where collections of stamps can be picked up cheaply these days.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1203 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I finally got a Delcampe purchase from Greece — 49 days to California, and I'm still waiting for another purchase from the same seller that I made two months ago. I bought telephone cards, not stamps, but one depicts a pair of Finnish Moomin stamps from 1992 (Scott #900 & 901).
Page: of 60 Previous TopicReplies: 894 / Views: 122,149Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05