Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 838 / Views: 116,115Next Topic
Page: of 56
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received 15 or so packs of mounts, but still no 82mm that I need for U.S. vertical commemorative blocks of 4. It's been on backorder for weeks and weeks.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
52 Posts
Posted 05/19/2021   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gwanghoops to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
it's not the philatelic content, it was the packing that was creative and inspirational...3 t-shirts!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1145 Posts
Posted 05/19/2021   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I got this pretty postcard from the Netherlands Indies (Dutch East Indies) from 1937.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32508 Posts
Posted 05/19/2021   11:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!
What a beautiful Postcard Erilaz
A keeper.
Reminds me of Thai Ladies in National dress, so elegant.
Pillar Of The Community
India
506 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joy Daschaudhuri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The girls are Tari Janger dancers of Bali, Indonesia.

Most of the dance forms of Bali have deep influence of Indian mythology.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1145 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was a worthwhile purchase. I got it for only US $3.98 including shipping and tax, and it's a Real Photo Postcard, too.
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 06/04/2021   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elfstone99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All 3 of the Great Britain Paul McCartney fan sheets came in the post today. 25.90 for all 3. Stamp sets should be here next week.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
83 Posts
Posted 06/05/2021   7:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rascal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a small lot of Danish stamps from Denmark through the stampstogo website. It took about 14 days from the time I ordered to receive this lot. It was an excellent transaction but I'm confused about the cover that the stamps were mailed in. There are no stamps on the envelope or postal meters or any other indication that postage was paid other than a handwritten code in the upper right-hand corner:
VRVT
TEFP
90H7
Can anyone offer and explanation?
Thank you.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
83 Posts
Posted 06/06/2021   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rascal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found the answer to my question about the Denmark cover without stamps or evidence of postage paid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-12703744

Evidently you can text your post office and they'll send you a code to use instead of stamps.

That's different.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7520 Posts
Posted 06/06/2021   10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That does not make sense: Codes must be used within seven days of purchase and only on letters being posted to other addresses within Denmark.

Peter
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
83 Posts
Posted 06/07/2021   12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rascal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Peter. I missed that line in the article. I really don't know how this cover went through the mail stream. It definitely came from Denmark the sender's address was on the reverse and came to me in the US with my address on the front. Only other markings were those penciled in codes up in the corner and the priority sticker.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
Posted 06/07/2021   08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add percyjgp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like you can use codes for international letters also.

https://www.postnord.dk/en/sending/...road-private
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1071 Posts
Posted 06/07/2021   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Al E. Gator to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bought a small cover from eBay---received it Saturday 6/5/21, it took 46 days to get from California to Tennessee. Where's the Pony Express when you need it?
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
Posted 06/07/2021   10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arrived on saturday, box lot to sort thru, packets and envelopes of material, along with a WW album. Album was a bit sparse but looks to have a few good items.

Valued Member
Canada
243 Posts
Posted 06/08/2021   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I actually got a $129 refund cheque from an auction house in Quebec. They agreed that what I received wasn't exactly described properly or worth anything for that matter. Also received from another sender some Newfoundland blocks. Better than average day in other words.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Page: of 56 Previous TopicReplies: 838 / Views: 116,115Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05