Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 838 / Views: 116,119Next Topic
Page: of 56
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
Posted 06/09/2021   4:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got this earlier in the week... It's in pretty decent condition, just needs ironed.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
966 Posts
Posted 06/10/2021   11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I finally got my hands on a few examples I needed for comparison
Took a while to find and definitely seemed longer to arrive but there here now
I'm Extremely happy with them!!!
United States
4 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   04:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VerFree77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Several lots of stamps I won on eBay, mostly older ones, since that what I'm interested in… now, to read up on those Washington's, and Franklins. LOL
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1145 Posts
Posted 06/18/2021   9:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I got this wonderful Esperanto postcard, mailed from Wallachisch Meseritsch in Moravia/Austria on 23 October 1902. It's now my oldest piece of Esperanto postal history, though I do have earlier postcards written in Bolak and Volapük.

Edited by erilaz - 06/18/2021 9:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
625 Posts
Posted 06/23/2021   06:26 am  Show Profile Check kcaramat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kcaramat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel uncomfortable posting in this section. Feel like it's bragging, but I have to share this one. Heavy thin in upper RH, but when it's only the 2nd copy known, there's no waiting for a better one to come along.

The first #314 with Schermack control marks was recorded in 2013 on a political postcard from 1910. This copy, with the stamp control pattern and identical cancel was used by the Tax Payers League. They were an anti-prohibition political lobbyist operating from Detroit.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7520 Posts
Posted 06/23/2021   08:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
kcaramat, very nice! We know there were more of these at one point, but you are correct. Waiting for another one may take another 100 years!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2390 Posts
Posted 06/30/2021   02:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A bonus (to me, at least), the mailing envelope from an eBay purchase:

Cancel reads: DIPLOMATIC MAIL at top, bottom reads DPO AE 09828. Date is largely not there, with 2021 showing. The security envelope throws off the cancel color, which is red.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5668 Posts
Posted 06/30/2021   06:28 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France may be off the menu, but I can console myself with a glass of Calva -

Pillar Of The Community
3660 Posts
Posted 07/20/2021   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is Finley, born in mid-April, he arrived here 2 weeks ago.

(Boxes from a southern Ohio office.)
Edited by John Becker - 07/20/2021 5:39 pm
3 Posts
Posted 07/20/2021   7:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AstroCachet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received two space covers today: one of the space-flown STS-8 covers and a Colorano silk cachet cover depicting members of NASA Astronaut Group 8.
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
Posted Yesterday   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got a shipment of stamps and not only did the post office not cancel anything on the cover, they plastered a bar-code sticker across all of them.

Thank you to the USPS.
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
Posted Yesterday   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two packs of 55 Scott mounts and 11 MNH airmail booklet panes.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32508 Posts
Posted Today  10 Hrs 37 Min ago  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
they plastered a bar-code sticker across all of them.

Are they not easily peeled, and can be repositioned?
Page: of 56 Previous TopicReplies: 838 / Views: 116,119Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05