Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 867 / Views: 119,163Next Topic
Page: of 58
Valued Member
United States
49 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got the Harris Statesman deluxe stamp album, The Wild Side book and the Scott Stamp Identifier. :D
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1181 Posts
Posted 08/15/2021   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got three pieces of postal history from a Delcampe seller for my Ido collection, ranging from 1965 to 1970 and thus among the latest items in the collection. I have several Ido items from the 1960s and a few from the very early 1970s; the latest is a Luxembourg FDC from 1971.

Two of my three new covers were addressed to Pierre Moureaux. Various members of the Moureaux family were active in the Ido movement in the latter half of the 20th century. Georges Moureaux was the editor of the Ido periodical Progreso from 1962 to 1982, and Roger Moureaux was the movement's Secretary of Linguistic Issues in the 1980s.
Valued Member
United States
49 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got a bunch of stamps from Mystic today. I liked allot of them but sadly, I have no do-re-mi $$$
A sad day indeed.

JoanneG

Edited by CoffeeRules - 08/16/2021 4:59 pm
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bills, junk mail, a new master cylinder for my truck and some revenue stamps.
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some Newfoundland KGV's to add to my "just get random KGV and KGVI issues now and sort it out later" method of collecting British Commonwealth.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
457 Posts
Posted 08/17/2021   3:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not often I can buy an 1831 US Post Office Department document from an auction in Great Britain, but I did so last month and it showed up in my mailbox this morning.

The package which carried it was almost as much of a treat as the contents. Here is the package, cropped slightly and stitched together so you may find a discontinuity in the image...

And here is the purchase. A Letter sent by the Postmaster General, William T Barry, to a newly appointed postmaster, Albert C Morgan, who has been offered the position as postmaster at Lindleytown, NY.

One has to wonder how this item found its way to Great Britain.
At least it is home now for a while
Edited by mml1942 - 08/17/2021 3:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6657 Posts
Posted 08/17/2021   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got these in the mail today:

Russia C23a

Russia 1325 Cream Paper
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6657 Posts
Posted 08/17/2021   7:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Missed one!

Russia 1659a
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   2:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just arrived. 100 VARIO 8S stock sheets, so now to fill them up! 200 pages may take a little time.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
706 Posts
Posted 08/27/2021   07:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Addition to my "Stuff I like collection"

A 1907 paper obligation from San Marino with a 1923 Lottery revenue stamp from Switzerland. Do not know all, but basicly if you were promised a financial gain you had to pay this tax.

The law was introduced in 1923, that is why this year is mentioned on the stamp.

Valued Member
Canada
265 Posts
Posted 08/27/2021   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To my delight, an auction package that I won only four days ago. USPS seems to have bounced back in a big way for me. I haven't had turn around that quick in ages. Virginia to Ontario in just a few days. Remarkable. Covered with a full sheet of 32c Xmas stamps too.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Edited by Casey Magoo - 08/27/2021 6:15 pm
Valued Member
Canada
265 Posts
Posted 09/02/2021   11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now wait just a minute. I was all happy a few days ago about a quick USPS delivery. Now I am not so sure. I have a tracked package coming from Minnesota. It should make it's way to Chicago, then to Toronto and then up to my place. Trouble is, it went from Minnesota to Florida. Now all I can do is follow along and hope it gets up here.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Valued Member
United States
474 Posts
Posted 09/03/2021   04:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A wonderful pkg of Turkish material from SCF member Rod from Down Under. This weekend is a three-day holiday in the States. And I look forward to spending some time poring over this new material.

Thank you again, Rod!
Edited by Calstamp - 09/03/2021 04:20 am
Valued Member
United States
310 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   4:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two Austria year sets (2000, 2001) to fill in some holes once my Scott Austria parts 4 and 5 arrive.

Dale
Valued Member
United States
35 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The newest Linn's.
Page: of 58 Previous TopicReplies: 867 / Views: 119,163Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05