Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 879 / Views: 120,464Next Topic
Page: of 59
Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
Posted 09/09/2021   02:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tikithindi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received Dell Keyboard,3 Packets of Modura stock sheets each contains 25 stock sheet. Before I forget received a an envelop which I had forgotten in India.
cheers

tikithindi
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
710 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reciecved a collection of US charity sheets most christmas seals, fight against TB, Boys town. Lots of work.

Also this Sheet State of New York Department of Labor Inspection stamp, division of Bedding. MNH last kolom bended over.

Given time I will post more pictures.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   09:41 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You'll be putting stickers on every business in Amsterdam.
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott Specialty pages for Austria covering 1989-2008 which will be my stopping point for Austria. I wanted to include at least a few years worth of the Euro-denominated issues and 2008 just happened to be the final year of Part 5.

I am considering a Hungary collection as a good comparison to Austria although going all the way through 2008 there is fairly daunting given the much higher volume of issues.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
United States
529 Posts
Posted 09/16/2021   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's like Christmas!
2 packs of mounts,
a replacement pH Testing pen (old one dried up),
Vario stock pages,
a box of filing supplies and
a small box of much needed un-gummed #6-3/4 envelopes (they seem to be getting impossible to find).

I think the Baltimore USPS Hub must have been stockpiling my mail...
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 09/22/2021   03:54 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Auction lot of several thousand French topographical postcards.

A first look suggests a good spread of places (only the right-hand box below is the usual Paris selection). My idea is to sort and present them by Department.

Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
Posted 09/22/2021   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some 2022 Scott catalog page sets from chirokmd for the countries I plan to focus on:

Austria
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hungary
Turkey (with Turkish Rep of N. Cyprus)

I'll spend some time this weekend separating them into individual pages to go in sheet protectors in a couple cheap binders.

Dale
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33071 Posts
Posted 09/22/2021   9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll spend some time this weekend separating them into individual pages to go in sheet protectors in a couple cheap binders.

I scan mine to OCR
then you have a searchable catalogue,
saves OOODLIES of time in the future.

You can do a few pages at a time, or more.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
Posted 09/23/2021   06:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Not exactly in my mailbox, butů

Daughter (and collecting partner) recently returned from travels in the eastern Mediterranean. And while in Cyprus popped into a couple of dealer shops. And came out with a shopping bag filled with new and interesting WW material.

So much nicer than a t-shirt.
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
Posted 09/25/2021   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Italy NP3. Last of the four Austrian occupation newspaper stamps I needed.

Still waiting on purchases from two others that will complete the Italian occupation issues. Still need to complete the occupation issues for Montenegro and Serbia.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2501 Posts
Posted 09/25/2021   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got a small Persia/Iran collection, bid on specifically for forgeries I don't have. For example,

Unfortunately for collectors, these are pretty good forgeries. Still, the bottom two have the overprints OVER the cancels - pretty obvious.

A few unexpected originals did turn up but nothing expensive.

Thanks again to Climber Steve for putting me on to the indispensible Persiphila catalog.
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 09/26/2021   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got some nice Germany stamps from Nordfrim subscription service. Added them to my album.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6309 Posts
Posted 10/01/2021   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the franking on a 9" x 6" envelope we received from a non-profit organization. Had not previously seen the 2c lemon coil used.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
529 Posts
Posted 10/03/2021   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple FDR Inauguration covers.1933 and 1941.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
Posted 10/03/2021   1:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Delightful pkg of Turkish and Romanian material from Rod222. Look forward to poring over this next weekend. Thanks again for your generosity.
Page: of 59 Previous TopicReplies: 879 / Views: 120,464Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05