Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 901 / Views: 122,673Next Topic
Page: of 61
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1204 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two shipments of phone cards from Delcampe sellers. One of them was shockingly fast: it reached California from Austria only six days after payment!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3211 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   07:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received 2 mailings of stamp purchases off SOR. Only one stamps was cancelled by the sprayed on city/date code with no pictorial cancel. No additional revenue for the USPS to deliver these.

Al
Edited by angore - 10/05/2021 07:49 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1204 Posts
Posted 10/07/2021   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I got some Ganzsachen of topical interest from a Delcampe seller: an Esperanto-themed postal card from Hungary, a philatelic cover with Esperanto congress cancels from Iceland, a card with Ido congress cancels from West Germany, and a first day cover with runes on it from the Faroes. The mailing envelope had some nice stamps on it, too, especially the "Tag der Briefmarke" souvenir sheet!
Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
Posted 10/08/2021   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A NOS National Album, 1960 vintage
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
Posted 10/11/2021   1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stephen J Bukowy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got my passes and facemask for NAPEX.
Valued Member
India
7 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add taklya to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A special cancelled post card
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1204 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
UPS delivered one box of a five-box shipment to my workplace yesterday. We had already reported the box missing and been reimbursed for the loss long ago. Because the parcel was shipped on October 18th... 2007. I have no idea how UPS managed to lose it for 14 years and nevertheless deliver it in perfect condition.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7149 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!!!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6540 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They must have built a new warehouse.
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A packet of 1000 different DDR from an eBay seller. I'm considering adding Germany and related areas as a focus.

Dale
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
Posted 10/30/2021   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got a Wonderbox from Nordfrim, specifically the German box. It was filled with East/West/Berlin stamps. First Day Covers, souvenir sheets, year packets, year book, and album pages. I was really surprised how many mint stamps I got.
I was really pleased with what they sent.
JoanneG
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
Posted 10/31/2021   06:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The last couple days has seen my library increase in size.

From Nordfrim:

2022 Stanley Gibbons Commonwealth & British Empire 1840-1970
2021 Michel Austria Special
2016-7 Philatelica Hungarica catalog of Hungarian postage and revenue stamps

From eBay:
Stanley Gibbons Austria and Hungary 7th edition
2013 Isfila Part 1

The Nordfrim box also included a large packet of Hungary. Between this and my current mountain of Hungarian stamps, I should have a very large percentage of the 20th century issues covered.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
United States
564 Posts
Posted 11/01/2021   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some US trading stamps (Cindys) from merry old England.
Renewal notices for the American Philatelic Society and the United States Stamp Society.
UXC1 first and last day and a UXC4 first day.
Edited by jconey - 11/01/2021 7:25 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7149 Posts
Posted 11/01/2021   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A purchase from Germany showed up franked with four SON Scott B1004 semi-postal stamps depicting the Airbus 380. Sweet!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3211 Posts
Posted 11/02/2021   06:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A nicely cancelled mailing from Canada to USA.

Al
Page: of 61 Previous TopicReplies: 901 / Views: 122,673Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05