Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,028 / Views: 135,264Next Topic
Page: of 69
Valued Member
96 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jleb1979 - love the envelope with those beautiful stamps! I never ordered from that company Delcampe. Going to browse their offerings.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   08:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 1954 Scott National album to add to the bookshelf. It was interesting to see that many stamps, 599A and 634A for examples, were not considered major varieties and therefore, do not have a space on their respective pages.

Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   2:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
82mm mounts! Finally can mount some of the older booklet panes and plate blocks.
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 12/13/2021   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
NicholasC 82mm mounts! Finally can mount some of the older booklet panes and plate blocks.

I just got some of those recently too, and was able to create this page of Prexies.

Edited by pcerio - 12/13/2021 09:30 am
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 12/14/2021   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A used U.S. C1 with good centering, though maybe just a slightly heavier cancellation then I would have liked. The last airmail I needed that doesn't have a dirigible on it.
Pillar Of The Community
501 Posts
Posted 12/14/2021   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some heavy metal. One of my other hobbies is magnet fishing.
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A nicely centered R646 with low serial number.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1682 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The economics of modern stamp collecting

Today's mail brought me these.

In 2001, this set of self-adhesive stamps (NVPH 1491b, 1492b, 1495b, 1499b, and 1501b) was issued. The face value was fl. 11.05. On 1 January 2002, the Netherlands adopted the euro. The equivalent value is € 4.97. The stamps were valid until 31 October 2013 at their euro-equivalent value.

The set is catalogued (NVPH 2015) at € 15.50.

I paid € 2.95, including € 1 postage. The seller included the Crouwel self-adhesives. Ignoring the Crouwel stamps, this cost me just under 60% of face value (2001) and just under 20% of catalogue price. It is a good thing I did not buy them at the time of issue.
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well every stamp is destined to go up or down. Sometimes we're lucky sometimes no. If you would've had the foresight to buy a thousand dollars of US Express mail stamps at the time of issue you might very well be sitting pretty. perhaps, perhaps not
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   5:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
True, stamp values can fluctuate…sometimes quite a bit. The original buyers of the pre-euro, Western European stamps of the 1980-90s (when rates were increasing) have seen quite a drop in value.
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's often noted that you can't find buyers for Netherlands or Portugal anymore but they used to be hot. People are weird
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1304 Posts
Posted 12/16/2021   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stuff from New Zealand Post commemorating the 20th anniversary of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring — stamps, miniature sheets, souvenir sheet, and presentation pack.
Valued Member
Netherlands
39 Posts
Posted 12/17/2021   03:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hansthedutchman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received this cover back from the United States. Was sent on october 23. The adres was copy, paste from eBay, so this should be correct.
Who can explain the codes used on the yellow US label?

Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
Posted 12/17/2021   12:18 pm  Show Profile Check jamesg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Without seeing the address in question (not the addressee), I don't think we can tell you what is wrong/missing that got this returned. It appears something is missing from the address making it undeliverable.

I had one recently where the sender seemed to drift into space when addressing an envelope and spelled out half the street name and stopped. It was mailed, returned, then the sender put the original in another envelope and sent it on, correctly this time, to me.

Coincidentally, I am waiting for 2 items from the Netherlands right now....
Valued Member
Netherlands
39 Posts
Posted 12/17/2021   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hansthedutchman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
James,

i removed the yellow sticker, the name of the adressee and the first two digits of the house number ( privacy).
The adress was printed on a piece of paper and this was attached to the enveloppe with some tape.

Page: of 69 Previous TopicReplies: 1,028 / Views: 135,264Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05