Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,012 / Views: 133,210Next Topic
Page: of 68
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1809 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   07:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind words ladygrace!
Truthfully, I'm far from a grown up, but I do enjoy challenging my thoughts,
After all I'm trying to raise kings and a queen,
What example would I set if I got mad about something so petty.
I'd rather show them what "real value" is
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Just_fella - 01/27/2022 08:03 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7234 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A Christmas card! The USPS averaged 20 miles/day on this one.

Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still waiting for something that was supposed to be here, according to tracking, last Friday. Nothing yet. I figure that because it was from overseas, I'll give it until this Friday to report it missing, just to give them a chance.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
568 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1,200 stock certificates with slips and stamps, mostly railroad certs. In a few months, when I have time to go through them, most will be for resale, and maybe pick a few out for myself...
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1809 Posts
Posted 01/28/2022   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a great day today!!!
I feel it, gonna get it today!! (One of em anyway)
Been waiting since beginning of December…
Pillar Of The Community
United States
868 Posts
Posted 01/30/2022   12:27 am  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just received this from eBay purchase. Pleasant surprise, since I purchased it ($1 plus $1 s/h) based on this single scan:

when I received it and saw the other side:

I was ecstatic!
Valued Member
Cyprus
136 Posts
Posted 01/31/2022   2:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moose to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This registered letter from Algeria came today, seems that it piqued the interest of the the border Force.
Nice piece of postal history me thinks.

Valued Member
Ireland
80 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   08:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NickIreland to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
News that non barcoded stamps will not be able to be used for postage in the UK in 12 months time. Meanwhile they also seem pretty inept at franking stamps as seen by this mornings offering. I sometimes feel that the Royal Mail aren't much interested in stamp collectors.
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An eBay purchase from a seller in Hungary. Mailed on 1/19. Only took thirteen days. Compared to a couple recent purchases from within the US that took nine days each, this seems amazingly fast.

Dale
Valued Member
Canada
494 Posts
Posted 02/04/2022   1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's call it a small miracle. A package sent from the North Central US shipped on Jan 27. That might not sound like much, but it took six times longer for the last shipment from them to get to me. Also, the package was quadruple wrapped. Sealed plastic bag with USPS box inside. Big envelope in that, and smaller envelope inside that. I'm glad and not grumbling for once.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2895 Posts
Posted 02/11/2022   6:27 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Something I ordered from France via eBay arrived with a postage label BUT they used a bit of cardboard as a stiffener with actual stamps on it!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1295 Posts
Posted 02/13/2022   07:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With the Covid crisis it seems that anything can and will happen. I received this Registered mail item in my letterbox om 10 Feb without signing for it. Australia Post has no record for the number. As of today, my eBay account states that the item has been shipped gives the tracking number with the status: Tracking number provided 30 December 2021.

Contents:

Robert
Edited by stampfan9 - 02/13/2022 10:05 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6383 Posts
Posted 02/13/2022   1:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Filled a couple of BoB holes.

US Revenue Scott R78a

R92c

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 02/14/2022   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These came in today :) The Denmark envelope caught my eye with those letter written in where the stamp would normally be? Nice looking stamps from France and Prexies making an appearance on Valentine's Day. Also received some cute French postcards as a bonus with my stamps.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7955 Posts
Posted 02/14/2022   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita, read this post from a few days ago: http://goscf.com/t/80121&whichpage=1#728511

Peter
Page: of 68 Previous TopicReplies: 1,012 / Views: 133,210Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05