Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,028 / Views: 135,219Next Topic
Page: of 69
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
Posted 02/14/2022   10:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Mrita75

Those are all really nice!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 02/14/2022   11:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Peter! will be reading about it. Thank you Lady Grace :) So many interesting things - was fun having these arrive today in my Box.
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 02/19/2022   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A great day for the mailbox. My mounts order came in which allowed me to finish Nicaragua. And, I also received the Austria packet from the recent giveaway. Looks to be at least 15 stamps I did not have, but there might be a couple of minor varieties as well. Thanks RK!
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 03/02/2022   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, I received a dozen more binders for my pages that have been building up. Now I need to find shelf space.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6386 Posts
Posted 03/03/2022   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple COGH Perkins, Bacon & co. Triangles to add to the fledgling collection

Lovely shade on this I couldn't pass up

1/-

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35837 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yesterday, I received a dozen more binders for my pages that have been building up.

Yes, I just bought 30 more Binders, for my collection. ... $3

Charity shop, lass was pleased, "someone can take away those things"
I insisted she take $10
Both parties went away happy

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6562 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   01:59 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mine go with the books and other bits and pieces in the "please take me" box on the front garden wall. They usually go quickly.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35837 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   02:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mine go with the books and other bits and pieces in the "please take me" box on the front garden wall. They usually go quickly.

OK then, what's the address ?
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   3:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, You definitely paid less than me per binder, but I figure it would be wrong to print all these nice new pages, mount all stamps in clear mounts, use sleeves for the pages, and then put them into used binders. I'm funny that way I guess. Unfortunately you are in Australia, so when it comes time for me to donate, I may not have an eager taker around.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8504 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had packages (letter size) come in from Status in Australia and Sandafayre in GB but a letter from Pennsylvania just cannot make it to Massachusetts in less time and in fact has gone "missing" with an awesome set of stamps within.

I am so done with the USPS. Damaged mail, slow mail, no mail. They suck!

End of mini rant.
Valued Member
United States
422 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   3:45 pm  Show Profile Check johnsim03's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am so done with the USPS. Damaged mail, slow mail, no mail. They suck!

End of mini rant.

Rog, tell us what you REALLY think!

p.s.

Though, at this point, FEDEX may be worse, if that is indeed possible... OTOH, I never have a problem with UPS.

John
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35837 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rod, You definitely paid less than me per binder, but I figure it would be wrong to print all these nice new pages, mount all stamps in clear mounts, use sleeves for the pages, and then put them into used binders. I'm funny that way I guess

Understandable!
I was that way, for my first 300 albums.
Then it became increasingly difficult, my new binders are $6 each
(4 x D Ring I prefer)
So I figured I'd buy the second hand 2 ring binders, and just pop rivet the 4 ring chromies in place.
That failed, because the 4 ring from China are $14 each. Sheesh.

My Hungary etc is up to 5 binders, so countries like IFNI
need a binder, and the cheapies do just fine for those.
I have my binders in a steel stationery cupboard, they are not on display, so visuals do not matter.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
53 Posts
Posted 03/05/2022   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nuc5 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Recieved my first batch of mixed USA stamps to begin a new collection. This was greatly influenced by all the interesting posts/topis relating to the USA philatelic works in this forum.

i'm sure I will need to ask for assistance with some of the knowledgable members of this forum as I start.
Valued Member
United States
461 Posts
Posted 03/05/2022   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nuc5, by all means, ask away. We're here to help.

Meanwhile, I've just been plugging holes. I'm about to put away a purchase from yesterday. That's all I'm doing lately, finding holes in my existing collections and filling them. However, a couple of weeks ago, I accidentally printed pages for ROC instead of PRC and... well, since I have them printed and all... maybe just start working on that too!
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35837 Posts
Posted 03/09/2022   02:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2000 Prinz hinges ( eBay)
Senegal Souvenir sheet ( eBay)

HUGE parcel of "what have you" from SCF CALSTAMP

Includes 1931 Scott world airmail catalogue
Fujeira
Telegraph stamps of GB (McDonald)
United Kingdom Savings stamps and labels and Coupons (Lionel Jones)
Cinderella Philatelist
Revenue Journals
Prinz Mousepad
Postal rates of Turkey
The Kings of Egypt and their stamps (Robson Lowe 1969)
...and a stuffed envelope of 1000's of stamps.

Bewildering generosity.
Thank you Jim.
Indebted.

Page: of 69 Previous TopicReplies: 1,028 / Views: 135,219Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05