Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,133 / Views: 146,698Next Topic
Page: of 76
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 10/19/2022   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Poland
13 Posts
Posted 10/21/2022   2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add raggen to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have that stamps. I known that was french but I dont see that ]stamps in french cataloges… why? Did you know that stamps?
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37492 Posts
Posted 10/21/2022   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
7038 Posts
Posted 10/21/2022   2:57 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cinderellas for an air show held at Montpellier in September 1923. Not postage stamps, so they won't be in mainstream catalogues.
Valued Member
Cyprus
157 Posts
Posted 10/22/2022   04:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moose to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received an auction win off Delcampe, an album crammed with Poland miniature sheets in an incomplete run from the early 60's through to '99. There is some duplication and a few that I had but managed to fill in loads of gaps
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
520 Posts
Posted 10/22/2022   09:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received a stockbook only ordered three days ago on eBay. Destined to hold my expanding Switzerland collection. Looking forward to the move.
DavidR
Valued Member
Lebanon
51 Posts
Posted 10/22/2022   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mazdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received an order from Philatelovely's Etsy shop. Not promoting or anything but I'm more than satisfied.
I also received 100 random stamps from Germany via 100Stamps.
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
Posted 10/22/2022   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a hater in most regards, but I'd avoid philatelovely and other sellers of the same type. You're paying extra because of the "brand name" they've built on social media. You would be 100% better off buying mixtures on eBay. Cheaper and probably a better assortment.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
615 Posts
Posted 11/04/2022   12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received my 'End of Year' order form the 'salt mine' and was gratified that it was complete & without issues. Part of the order was the Annual Yearbook, which I have been acquiring over the last 3-5 decades, (although at $180+ it is getting expensive. I have some from the 70s/80s which cost <$15). Once the final SC#s are published I will enjoy cataloging & placing in the album & Hobby Bookcase.
Valued Member
Lebanon
51 Posts
Posted 11/04/2022   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mazdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received my order from Philatelovely's Etsy shop. I was very satisfied with the mystery pack too. I love getting surprises like that.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
539 Posts
Posted 11/04/2022   6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not today, but earlier this week, I got the APS renewal notice, with a stamp that, no surprise, hadn't been cancelled. Is anyone really surprised?
Pillar Of The Community
4766 Posts
Posted 11/04/2022   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
APS renewal notice, with a stamp that, no surprise, hadn't been cancelled

Mine looked like this:

Non-profit organizations get their discounted rates by being non-profits (obviously) and pre-sorting/barcoding their mail, etc. Non-profit mail is most often posted with a printed permit. A stamp is a bonus courtesy of the user and is considered "used" y the USPS. A cancel would not be expected since it enters the mailstream after the cancelling machines. The APS would have no control of how the USPS handles the mailing, which is also likely prepared by a third-party mailing company.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 11/05/2022   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received stamps from my Postmaster in Oneco,Ct today. Can't wait to open them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
615 Posts
Posted 11/05/2022   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
received my replacement FDCs of the Charles Schultz Peanuts. There was a duplicate of one of the items producing only 9-covers. 2+-weeks turn around for the exchange. THANK YOU Workers at the ' Salt Mine.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
539 Posts
Posted 11/05/2022   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm certainly not upset with the APS, it's not their fault, it's just one more uncancelled stamp out of many. The post office has one job and they can't even do that.
Page: of 76 Previous TopicReplies: 1,133 / Views: 146,698Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05