Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gold-bordered Postcards

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3722 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
ikeyPikey, Thank you for pointing out to me that in Wt1's post, that the verse was by Eugene Field. But, you know, ikeyPikey, I actually noted that! Amazing, isn't it? And, I can not see on my post above where I mentioned anything as to whether the verse was or wasn't by Eugene Field. So please, ikeyPikey, tell me what your insinuation is?

My insinuation, mudhut1000, is that what *YOU* actually wrote was:

Quote:
According to "Motorcycle Memories" the publisher/printer is: Eugene Field.

Mr Field was almost certainly not the printer, as he was not in the printing business.

The likelihood of his being the publisher is addressed, at length, above.

I reminded you that the reliable fact, courtesy of wt1, is that Mr Field was the author.

Does that help?

===

mudhut1000: What I actually wrote was:

Quote:
With no disrespect to Motorcycle Memories, folks whose first interest is not postcards will often grab what information is available, and go with it.

I wrote "With no disrespect to Motorcycle Memories,..." because that is precisely what I meant.

I take it as uncontroversial that they are motorcycle people, and not postcard people and, therefor, while they may be expected to do a fair job describing the alloy with which an exhaust pipe has been plated, they might be less reliable when describing & cataloging postcards, publishers, printers, and authors.

How you managed to drop the predicate ('With no disrespect to Motorcycle Memories') and conclude that you were the 'folks' resists easy explanation, but perhaps you could avoid parsing sentences for the bits you like/dislike (a/k/a/cyberquipping) and, instead, read more s-l-o-w-l-y, and therefor have the time to hold the predicate in your head while you finish reading what is, in the end, a single 24-word sentence.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1122 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   01:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two cards for the topic to show:

Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   03:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mudhut1000 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampfan, greetings,

Thank you for the additional and beautiful Postcards!

John
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   03:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mudhut1000 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ikeyPikey,

To answer your question: "Does that help?" I reply "no".

Within a week or so, I will compose a response to all of your posts concerning me on this thread and hopefully, by then, be able to email that to you, as I will breath no more into a thread where things are taken out of context and then used to berate the author.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05