Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Puzzle - August 2014

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 3,595Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 08/01/2014   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add primoz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Stamp Puzzle - Find the Common Denominator

Below are eight stamps from different countries. On stamps are different motives.
But each of stamps have a relationship with all of the other stamps. Your job is to find this relation.

Please sent your answer with your mail address to my e-mail.
I shall consider only the first answer of each member.
All corect answers I will get to 15/8/2014 go to hat.
Lucky three winners will get a topical cover with recent Slovenian stamps and 3 mint sets of Yugoslav stamps (see picture below).

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 08/11/2014   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi members of SCF,
you still have 5 days to send me the correct answer.
I did not yet get three correct answers.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
720 Posts
Posted 08/11/2014   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
<spoiler removed by moderator>
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 08/11/2014   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You're not supposed to tell the rest of us ...
Rest in Peace
720 Posts
Posted 08/11/2014   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe information should be free and unfettered.
Glenn Estus
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
544 Posts
Posted 08/12/2014   05:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bamra1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some years ago a man used to walk up and down the cue of patrons waiting to get into the who-dunnit The Mousetrap, and telling them the ending. He was eventually arrested for behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace - and probably lucky not to get lynched by one of the people whose innocent enjoyment he had ruined.
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1700 Posts
Posted 08/12/2014   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotzm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I entered the puzzle with the answer/spoiler that Glenn Estus posted.... but I now realise that that is only ONE possible answer.
In the interest of "free and unfettered" fairness I would like to change my entry to what I now know might be the real answer that primoz requires. So...how about a maximum of two entries per person seeing as there are few correct entries anyway?
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 08/15/2014   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The solution of stamp puzzle is:

All stamps are from countries where Portuguese is an official language.
All countries are members of The Community of Portuguese language (Comunidade dos Paises de Lingua Portuguesa)
a forum of friendship and cooperation between the countries where Portuguese is the official language.
Community comprises an area of about 10,742,000 square kilometers and has about 223 million people.

The winners are: teals1, Wadmalatz (please sent me your address) and Partime.

Congratulations!

Next puzzle in Septembre 2014.

---------------------------
In dictionary I found this noun:
Spoilsport is a person who behaves in a way that spoils others` pleasure.
There is no equivalent word in my language (Slovene), we use word Spielverderber borrowed from German.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 08/15/2014   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great! Thanks for the news.

As a follow-up to Scotzm

Quote:
but I now realise that that is only ONE possible answer.

What is another possible answer? (Just curious.)

<I've got to come up with a real good puzzler myself ... hmmm.>
Edited by Partime - 08/15/2014 4:08 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 3,595Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05