Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Circus Themed Sheetlet Only Available In Stamp Yearbook

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 205 / Views: 29,702Next Topic
Page: of 14
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BreefmackUSA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious - Does anyone have 2019 Scott Specialized Catalog and noticed if this "bad boy" (not the 4905c on top, but the bottom one) has been anointed with a number or a catalog value yet?

It's not in the regular 2019. Just the same old blurb.

Al
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by BreefmackUSA - 02/06/2019 7:04 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2724 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   11:33 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
still in fotnote
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
Posted 02/07/2019   09:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BreefmackUSA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Eyeonwall,

I see 6 or 7 listed on eBay from $39.95 to $69.99; and also found this 2016 Linn's Article:

https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamp...rieties.html

...Maybe if we asked Scott to read their Mission Statement one more time?

Al
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
Posted 02/07/2019   11:16 am  Show Profile Check stampCat7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampCat7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion is if the stamp can carry the mail it should be listed.
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
Posted 02/07/2019   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BreefmackUSA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

If I ever hit the lottery, I would buy that $39 one and send myself three letters using the die-cut $1 SC#4898 look-alike and the two 50¢ SC# 2452 look-alikes and then submit the covers to PSE!!

...a bit spendy just to prove a point, but these are absolutely valid for postage.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2671 Posts
Posted 02/07/2019   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but these are absolutely valid for postage.

Quite true, but you may have to convince your local P O clerk that it is.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2724 Posts
Posted 02/07/2019   6:04 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you would read their Listing Policy on page 18 of the Specialized

under #6 of what they exclude "or stamps sold only in conjunction with other products"

These could only be purchased as part of the yearbook.
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
Posted 02/08/2019   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BreefmackUSA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you would read their Listing Policy on page 18 of the Specialized
under #6 of what they exclude "or stamps sold only in conjunction with other products"
These could only be purchased as part of the yearbook.

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but I think there is still a faint pulse...

That quoted phrase refers to what they characterize as "other egregiously exploitative issues" earlier in the sentence - which may indeed apply, along with the 2013 "Upright Jenny's" or even the press sheets which both DO have listings - but IMHO, since they were issued specifically for collectors who bought the yearbooks, not listing them under this policy excuse is not in keeping with their stated mission of the catalogues, or even the lead-in paragraph of the Listing Policy which states "It is Scott's objective to seek reasons why a stamp should be listed, rather than why it should not."

Anyhow, thanks for pointing out that section of the catalogue - after reading the whole thing through, I think it does more to strengthen the argument for getting it listed than for keeping it out.

Al
Edited by BreefmackUSA - 02/08/2019 10:54 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3152 Posts
Posted 02/08/2019   11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha. Now I know why I have a 2014 Yearbook! I did not remember why.
Al
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
Posted 02/08/2019   11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BreefmackUSA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Me too Angore!!!
(That's how I resurrected this post in the 1st place!!!

Edited by BreefmackUSA - 02/08/2019 11:13 am
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 205 / Views: 29,702Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05