Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ended. Ebay Auction Is Over! 1,031 Items Sold!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 869Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2715 Posts
Posted 08/30/2014   2:10 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Battlestamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,
I've listed an auction on eBay of all new material under my userid name wbattles. There's about 1,652 items all starting at 99 cents. It's a mix of United States and Worldwide postal history, postal stationery, first day covers and other philatelic covers. There's even some postcards too! I've also listed covers with meters, PNCs, precancels, registered, airmail, censor, postage due and other types of labels and markings. There's many topicals as well to find. I write very extensive descriptions so please search within the description or simply browse. I've included all the dates, types of cancels, place names and other types of information I could write about.
The auction starts today and ends next Saturday, September 6th from 12 noon EST to just after 2pm EST. As always I will combine items for one shipment at exact post office rate, but please wait till after the auction for an invoice or send me a message to request one. As always I will use current U.S. postage stamps for shipping.
I actually hoped to have a larger auction. There's 600+ more covers near completion, but will be listed in the next auction plus others.
Please follow the link below or click on the eBay auction button above.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/wbattles/m....op=12&_rdc=1

Thanks!
Will Battles

p.s. I just finished listing the items and it might take eBay a bit of time to display everything. Last covers listed are from Yugoslavia.
Send note to Staff
Edited by Battlestamps - 09/06/2014 5:44 pm

Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will you have some nice items - it looks like some are hidden though - I only get to see 731 of your covers

I've heard that sometimes items are rotated, but more than 50% is a bit much to leave out ...

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
United States
4702 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're all there now -- 1652.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2715 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   11:04 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know everything is showing up now. It can take eBay's servers a bit to catch up and list everything.
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will, here's another screen grab I just took - it's been over 24 hours since you've listed and I still only get 731 listings. I must be on a really slow server ...

Edited by Jenny2U - 08/31/2014 12:09 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2715 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   12:14 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is strange - I just now looked at the listings in a few different ways. I search by seller directly on eBay, I clicked on "View other items" within a listing, I clicked on the link in the original post and clicked on eBay button in the bar above each of my posts. I get 1652 with each method except a few less with the eBay button on here since it doesn't include the postcard listings under collectables, but that's only a few dozen listings or so. KirkS said he sees them all. Can anyone else confirm that they are seeing all or part of the listings?
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will - I figured it out. It's something in your shipping info. When I set the jump box at the right of your listings to ship to USA, I get 1,652 results. If I set it to any other country, I only get 731 results. At least I'm now able to see everything :)

Edited by Jenny2U - 08/31/2014 12:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2715 Posts
Posted 08/31/2014   12:37 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, glad that's sorted out and it was just a setting thing. I was afraid eBay was experimenting or something. I'm not sure why there's a difference due to shipping settings as they are all set the same through TurboLister. Who knows? It's eBay. As long as everything is working well now I'm happy.

p.s. for everyone - I ship anything and everything to anywhere directly by USPS.
Edited by Battlestamps - 08/31/2014 12:39 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2715 Posts
Posted 09/05/2014   12:03 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all again!
Just a reminder that the auction ends tomorrow! Lots of bidding activity and I thank all who have browsed and/or bidded. There's still plenty of bargains to be had. Also, for those with multiple successful bids, in order for combined shipping to be correct please send an invoice request through eBay when your bids are completed. Or you can wait till after the auction is over and I'll start sending out invoices around 2:30pm EST.

Thanks again!
Will
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 09/05/2014   1:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! on the Viet Nam cover No matter what the complaints, this type of result is possible no where else.
Forum Dad
USA
1552 Posts
Posted 09/05/2014   2:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 09/05/2014   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! I got quite a few in my watch list already! Oh boy these are great Thank you Battlestamps!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2715 Posts
Posted 09/05/2014   10:43 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the facebook link/post Bobby! Tomorrow will be a busy day (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday too).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2715 Posts
Posted 09/06/2014   5:43 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Auction is over and all the invoices have been sent. Thanks to all who have bidded. 1,031 items sold so I'm going to be busy the next few days.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1597 Posts
Posted 09/06/2014   6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wow - congrats!

Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 869Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05