Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Puzzle - September 2014

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 3,995Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 09/01/2014   10:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add primoz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Stamp Puzzle - Find the Differences

Below is one of two Slovenian commemorative stamps from the EUROPA series from 2010. The common theme was Children`s Books.
The left stamp is original. On the right stamp I made some "corrections".
Your job is to find these "corrections".

I suggest you to copy the fake image into Word or image editing program.
Here indicate the differences with red circles, save image,
and sent me this image as a solution.

................................................original............................................................................................................... fake

Please sent your answer with your mail address to my e-mail.
I shall consider only the first answer of each member.
All corect answers I will get to 15/9/2014 go to hat.
Lucky three winners will get a topical cover with recent Slovenian stamps and mint EUROPA 2010 set and one essay (see picture below).

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4045 Posts
Posted 09/01/2014   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How many findings constitute the "correct" answer? I can see one or two right away. Does the winner need to spot 10 or 11? Just wondering.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 09/01/2014   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The number of "corrections" is also part of the puzzle.
More "corrections" - better score, more chances to win.
Edited by primoz - 09/01/2014 2:59 pm
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 09/01/2014   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mudhut1000 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you primoz for offering nice prizes!

I'm working on it!

John
Pillar Of The Community
Philippines
1132 Posts
Posted 09/01/2014   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johnstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Primoz, what is your email address? Tried sending you a PM with my solution but the pm system of our group does not have an attachment feature
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 09/02/2014   02:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
click on my name, on window "primoz's Profile" click on "sent an e-mail", you see my e-mail.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4045 Posts
Posted 09/02/2014   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Primoz. I don't think people can send you an attachment using the system you describe. They will have to send you an email through the SCF system ... you respond ... then they can send you an attachment through their own system.
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 09/02/2014   10:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Partime you`re right.
The attachment is impossible to sent through SCF e-mail.

So please sent me your solution (picture) direct to my e-mail: cebuli@hotmail.com.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4045 Posts
Posted 09/09/2014   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope everyone is working diligently on this puzzle. I already sent in my answer, but then discovered that I missed a few things. Hopefully you will remember to note:

- The girl's name changed from Judy to Kathy
- She forgot to water the plant in the second picture
- She dropped her purse in the second picture. (On the ground, behind her.)
- She is studying for her Math test in the first, but Science in the second
- Her shoes were bought at Target in the first, JC Penney in the second
- She hates her doll in the first ... best friend in the second
- It is Tuesday in the first, and Friday in the second
- That's her fairy Godmother in the first, Tooth Fairy in the second

Good luck!
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 09/12/2014   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Partime,
I made 10 "corrections" on stamp, so you missed two:

- On the first stamp the value of the 0.92 euro is 1.18 dollar, on second only 1.16 dollar.
- She is studying before school in the first, but after school in the second (see the clock).
Pillar Of The Community
Slovenia
838 Posts
Posted 09/16/2014   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add primoz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The solution of stamp puzzle is:

The most of members found less then 10 differences, some even more then 10.

The winners that found all 10 "corrections" are: alanl, Scotzm and tealsl.

I add one price for "special achievements" to Partime, see his solution posted 09/09/2014.

Congratulations!

Next puzzle in October 2014.
Edited by primoz - 09/16/2014 4:01 pm
Learn More...
United States
4740 Posts
Posted 09/16/2014   9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dang, I missed the A in Europa.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4045 Posts
Posted 09/17/2014   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That "A" in Europa was my downfall also. I'm sure that there are some studies that show how readers ignore certain errors in writing as they are more concerned with the content of the message, and not minor errors. (I remember one story where the sentences were deliberately scrambled, yet it was very easy to understand what the writer intended.) However, I must say that one of my pet peeves has always been grammatical errors in the many resumes that I receive. If someone can't take the time to spell check and grammar check this important item, then can I trust them to perform well at work?

In any case, a fun puzzle and I hope that there were many entries.
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1700 Posts
Posted 09/23/2014   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotzm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There I was trying to decide my favourite piece of furniture... and had just decided on the IKEA Aneboda wardrobe.. when the postman came with the wonderful prizes from Primoz's competition. All the way from independent Slovenia to a not so independent Scotland. Many thanks for the children's book set and the sheet... also the great pair of 2014 Scout conference stamps on the envelope. Brilliant... my polystyrene cup runneth over
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 3,995Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05